New Site

Discussion in 'The Help Desk' started by bosox1027, Aug 4, 2011.

1. bosox1027

bosox1027 Member

What was wrong with the way this site was before ?? I miss the old site.. I just find this site much harder to navigate around, and the pages seem to take forever to load.. If it wasn't broke,, why fix it?? It was FINE!!!!! That's it, I just needed to vent a bit after trying to send a PM that took me 5 minutes,... 2 minutes to find out how, 1 to type, and 2 to send.. :angry019: Happy Shaving to all...

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Why do you people assume things weren't broken??

3. watershedmomentz

watershedmomentz New Member

I love the new look of the site, it'll probably get better as you get used to it.

I understand it's confusing at first, but remember all those people who started protests the last time Facebook had a makeover? It all works out in the end.

4. Queen of Blades

:happy102: Don't go there! FB changes crude on their user every other day it seems. And I don't know how many times I've said, "If our forum worked as poorly as FB, we wouldn't have any members." :happy102:

TSD is free. If it isn't to your liking, fine, but there's no need to be irate, rude, or any other bad attitude words you can think of. The people who run this site are here, right here, and we use the site and we want/need it to work properly. Don't insult us or get angry with our decisions. They were our decisions to make, and we made them with our members in mind. We're driving the boat, just enjoy the ride, or not.

Common sense isn't so common.

5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

No problems on my end. I do like the new look. Navigating around or sending PMs hasn't been a problem at all.

6. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    I'm sorry things haven't wen't smoothly for you. Staying the same wasn't really an option for us. Outdated software will always end in a hacked website, at the minimum. We did change brands of software, but the new version of our old brand was a fairly drastic change from the previous version as well.

7. sparky5693

Administrator
    I haven't really notices any speed problems, how long have you been experiencing this?

8. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Sigh, it works fine. I like the new look.

Sailinblues and Queen of Blades like this.
  9. coldsteel

coldsteel New Member

I've been away awhile and when here don't have much to say, except now - I do like the new look and operation of the site, thanks to whoever is responsible.

10. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Many improvements have been made to the site and I am sure that many more will come.
    This was a smooth transition thanks to Sparky!

11. dadvest

dadvest Active Member

Very clean move and very quick as well! I applaud Sparky for such a good job! Give it a chance, I know change is hard and most people don't like it but change is good!

12. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

YESSIR. At first it is weird and a pain. After you get used to it. The new set up is much better.

13. Mechguy

Mechguy Well-Known Member

I'm happy with the new forums, I think its faster. You might want to check your computer first, maybe clean out the old cookies and stuff.
    I just learned how to put an image in a post when the forum was changed over, and I have not figured that out yet, but give me some time.
    Most learning is just repitition.

Queen of Blades likes this.
  14. Queen of Blades

2 options I'm seeing.
    1) Top of the reply box, the little icon with the tree in it, if your picture has a URL
    2) Bottom of the reply box, next to "Post Reply" is "Upload A File", that's what you want if your pic is on your computer.

15. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Not being a computer guy at all, I must say I like the new format. With the old one I could never figure out how to get an avatar or signature, but this one is easy for me to navigate.

16. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

That is one of the many things that are easier.
    WOHOOO for an updated looking forum. Not to knock the other forum from another mtoher but this one now looks much better as well :). I like the posting mechanics much more. Which to me is one of the major parts of a forum.

+1 for TSD

17. sparky5693

Administrator
    Thanks guys, it really means quite a deal to us. We put a great deal of thought into moving to this platform. I too believe it to be better, and I believe it will continue to improve as the developer releases new features, and I get a few tweaks done.

18. azshaver

azshaver Member

My only complaint is when I am browsing new posts, there is no column that says what forum the post came from.
    I also noticed that the post when submitted does not show my post total

19. Queen of Blades

It says what forum on the line after the thread title. I know it's different, but really just takes some getting used to.

As for the post count being harder to find. I kind of like that. I have dealt with people's attitudes based on my post count. I've been here, and a moderator, from the beginning, I can't help having a big post count.

Billr and sol92258 like this.
  20. howlwolf

howlwolf Member

Sparky you are the Man and that is that!!
    Rock and Roll Brother Soul, simply put you are theDude! Folllow the code, right Shep? the man is working it, U got my due respect on this part of the east coast. Don't know how to help but send my good intentions and let you know you and your team are well apprciappated here up north and loving the site all the way around. Keep up the good work and we will keep rockin it and shaving with sharp razors and DE, 1930's Open Combs, Merkurs, Straights, etc...Soaps, Creams, Horse Hair, Just tried the #6 bty-oh yeah that is going to be one cool brush. after two break ins, yes, it will do for sure. Open comb razor with maca root once and tsd almond second, yes this brush will be a winner and to think only for like $2.60 or so. wow! Can't wait for the real break in.
    Sparky, u are right on! keep moving. don't let the other comments interrupt your full flow. keep it rolling, Really to the mountain you are building they are nothing, no disrespect to them, but no enough experience on their end sooooo, give it a second, and move on...NEXT. Okay, I'm ready as most, lets see whats in the next progression when it is ready,
    AAAWWWOOOOOOOOOOOO