new threads/posts notification

Discussion in 'The Help Desk' started by jramire2, Jul 11, 2007.

1. jramire2

jramire2 Member

Probably the only feature I like that the other forums have that TSD doesn't have is when I login I can either click a link that shows me a condensed list of all the new posts/threads that have occurred since I last logged on, or it gives me a total number of new posts that I can click on and it gives me a list of all the new posts that way.

I've found this feature very beneficial, allowing me to see what I've missed and what new subjects have popped up that I might be able to add some value on.

Other than that one feature, I personally think TSD's got the best features. Better smiles, the itrader function is great, and we seem to have a bit more of a laid back atmosphere here. Of the two other forums I frequent, I think this one would be considered the most "casual" and overall just fun loving forum.

thanks for all the hard work guys & gals.

2. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

All I do is click on the new posts thread and i get all the new posts since last time i was here.

3. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

or...
    Go to "Quick Links"
    and hit it.
    Then choose "Todays Posts"

4. sysiphus

sysiphus Member

I agree that this forum is much more laid back/friendly than all the others, and it's also one of the easiest to navigate. The "new post" link at the top threw me off for a bit as well, but once I clicked it and nothing blew up, I found what I was seeking.

5. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    Dang. I showed up too late to offer any help, lol. Thanks guys.

We certainly try to keep things laid back. We wanna be the friendly neighborhood pub, not the Café de Paris.

6. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Is the site having problems with indexing and new post searches?