New to me 1973 La Pavoni Europiccola espresso maker

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Red Rider, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Classic La Pavoni Europiccola lever espresso. My latest toy from Italy. In the process of replacing all seals / gaskets. Also full soak, clean and flushing of boiler from hard water etc.
    Plan on sending element for 120v conversion from it's current 220v. Issue that local charges here are more than double the cost (but quicker) than me sending it off to Hungry (6 weeks) for conversion.
    IMG_1233.JPG IMG_1234.JPG

Ended up selling two other lever machines to a local coffee roaster. He wanted one for his shop and one for home. Nice to hear him state that coffee on the two lever machines equalled or rivalled his shop expensive dual boiler PID machine LM GS3.

2. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

:signs021:

Red Rider likes this.
  3. Marverel

Marverel Well-Known Member

Nice - congratulations :happy088:

A friend of mine had one of these machines. It took him some time to master it, but once he figured it out, he made some spectacular espressi :cool:

Red Rider likes this.
  4. Red Rider

Now for the fun. Removal,of the element from boiler proved to be a task requiring 2 men and a baby. OK wife assisted me. :angelic013:
    IMG_1245.JPG IMG_1249.JPG IMG_1247.JPG

5. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

I've always wanted one of those. Good luck with the conversion!

6. Red Rider

Here it is partially put together after the base returned from powder coating. I like the contrast of the yellow base and black accessories.

IMG_1278.JPG

7. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Thats one sweet looking coffee machine, congrats on getting it and breathing new life back into that classic design, would look stunning in any kitchen I'm sure.

8. Red Rider

Thanks, I contemplated keeping it OEM with regards to colour but really like the yellow contrast.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
    Jayaruh likes this.
  9. Bellony

Bellony New Member

hello,can you tell me what you use to remove the element from boiler?

10. Red Rider

Hammer and blunt chisel.

11. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

Sweet! You should name it Bumblebee.

12. Red Rider

Sold but have more. ;) In case you haven't figured it out. Vintage espresso machines are my other hobby.
    IMG_1682.JPG
    Closest and third are original colour. Dark grey and red I had powder coated.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
    '65 G-Slim likes this.
  13. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

New to me '96 Professional en transit...[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

brit likes this.