New to the forum and to shaving.

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Michael Bilyard, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Hey everyone,
    So I’m new here and I want to start shaving. I and have yet to shave and am getting that embarassing peach fuzz above my lip and a few chin hairs and have a few questions. A little background on me though. I’m 15, mixed (moms white dads black) and haven’t shaved before. Anyway, here are my questions
    What kind of razer should I use?
    How can I avoid those little red bumps?
    Any advice?
    Any and all advice, tips, and tricks are welcome. I’m a huge newbie at this and would welcome anything.

2. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Michael, welcome to The Shave Den! I'm glad you decided to join!

Stop by the 30 Day Rule/Focus thread (link in my signature), introduce yourself, and the good folks there will be glad to help you get started out right. A double edge (DE) razor, blades, a shaving brush, and shaving cream or soap is all you need. With a little practice and some help from the 30 Day Crew, you'll be getting smooth shaves with no shaving bumps or irritation.

Welcome!

3. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Welcome to the Den

Michael Bilyard likes this.
  4. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Welcome to the Den.

Michael Bilyard likes this.
  5. I cant seem to find that link, could you send it to me?

wristwatchb likes this.
  6. wristwatchb

Michael Bilyard and RyX like this.
  7. wristwatchb likes this.
  8. RyX

RyX DoH!

Welcome to TSD @Michael Bilyard! Charlie @wristwatchb beat me to the invite. The 30 Day Crew is all about coaching new shavers in the techniques that will get your best shaves.

HERE's the LINK! ;)

EDIT; Charlie is on top of his game tonight! Read the opening post by Neal @NCoxSTL, then you can skip to the end and jump in. Plenty of catch up reading at your leisure.

wristwatchb and Michael Bilyard like this.
  9. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Welcome, Michael.
    zwelcome2b.jpg

10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Hi @Michael Bilyard , welcome to TSD. As I look back to when I was about your age, what pleases me the most is that I learned to like the smell of Clubman aftershave. I don't know what your preferences will be(or are now), but it's always neat to find out that some teen-agers go right for the classic brands. Good to have you here.

john zeiger and wristwatchb like this.
  11. brit

brit in a box

hello and welcome..lots of how to s and info here. good luck with whatever type of gear you choose..

12. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Welcome!

13. wristwatchb

Paul, don't scare the lad off with Clubman. ;)

RyX and richgem like this.
  14. jason koonce

jason koonce Well-Known Member

Welcome to the shave den!!!

15. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Welcome to the show. It is great to see a young man getting started in the right way. Every one here will have their own advise. Stating with the 30DC group is a good way to go. Don't forget about Single Edge and Injector razors. A nice Schick G would be a great razor to start with for you!

RyX and wristwatchb like this.
  16. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I certainly wasn't scared off with my first use of it, as I said just a little older than he is now. But I know you're just messin with me. :)

RyX and wristwatchb like this.
  17. Orville

Orville Active Member

Welcome Michael, I think you've found the right place to get started. Keep in mind you have to find what works for you, so take what works and leave the rest on the table.

RyX and Paul Turner like this.
  18. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Welcome!

19. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Hi, welcome aboard!

Paul Turner likes this.
  20. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Hello and welcome