New to the forum

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Corey, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Corey

Corey Member

Hi everyone. I'm new to TSD, and to DE shaving in general. I picked up a Parker 22R on a whim last week and was very happy with the shave compared to my Mach 3 and Fusion. After pouring over a bunch of sites and information, I've picked up a Gillette Super Speed A4, Gillette SS Red Tip D1, and a Gillette Tech C3 since (actually in the past two days :D). Looking forward to learn more and maybe add to my growing collection.

2. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Welcome! Nice collection.

3. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Welcome to TSD. Glad to see you here.

4. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Welcome to the show..enjoy your Rad:D

5. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

Welcome aboard. Already starting up a nice collection, I see. :D

6. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Welcome! Sounds like you caught the bug! :)

7. Corey

Corey Member

Thank you for the reply everyone. I've got a harsh case of RAD. The Parker was just the tool to get me into the swing of things, but as I got better stuff here and there (blades, shave brush, shave soap, aftershave) I started getting the sneaking feeling that the one thing seperating a good shave from a great shave was the Parker. I'll know when the razors start showing up in the mail.

Speaking of, MTgrayling, I sent you a PM to take one of your razors off your hands if you're still selling. I missed out on a few of your offerings by just days. Impressive collection you've got.

8. Corey

Corey Member

Add an Aristocrat to that list. I got into this whole DE shaving thing to save money over cartridges. There goes the savings part of it.

9. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Thanks Corey! Yah, that was my intention at first as well. The saving money part didn't work but my shaves are sooo much better. Getting completely rid of 23 years of chronic irritation and shave bumps on my neck is priceless!

10. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Welcome to the Den.

Looks like somebody has a case of the RAD. Its OK, many of us have it as well.

11. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Welcome! You've been busy gathering! Glad you are enjoying yourself! Wait till you develop multiple AD's.

12. Corey

Corey Member

I think (fingers crossed) that it stops at the razors. I've been happy with the Derby Extra's, so I'll probably pick those up in bulk to not worry about them. I'm looking at some Taylor of Old Bond cream, just need a good scent. Once I get those things set, I'll be set on them. The style and artistic nature of the razors, though, are another story. It's hard to pass up a clean looking Super Speed, or a sweet Aristocrat. Aside from a Rocket and maybe a Fatboy down the road, I think I've satisfied the urge to splurge.

13. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

Welcome aboard! The RAD never hit me that hard. The creams and soaps were my AD. Blades are tricky and a sampler is probably your best bet. I dont care for derby's.....used to hate feathers but now I love them. Everyone is different though. You will find your best combo though. For me its a slim adjust or Fatboy with 7 oclock yellow pack or feather.

14. lamontqsanford

lamontqsanford New Member

Welcome to the Den!!!

15. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Welcome, you'll really like this place. Real friendly people here.

Be sure to join the March Giveaway for Newbies!

Somebody's gotta win it!

16. Corey

Corey Member

My name is there. Just gotta work my way up to 15 posts. I think I'll manage. And everyone's been very friendly here. There's a bunch of good knowledge here too. I haven't found the thread on how to not spend money and know when to say when yet though. Could anyone link me there before I spend another hundred bucks on razors? :laugh042

17. JimR

JimR Active Member

Welcome to the den! As for the thread on how NOT to spend money, I think that got deleted....Ask rollsshaver, he should be able to help you out! :D

18. Mr. Igg

Mr. Igg New Member

Welcome, Corey!

19. Corey

Corey Member

Add a Rocket to my collection. Thank you again Chris!