New to the forum

Discussion in 'Women's Shaving' started by Maggie Waddell, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Maggie Waddell

Maggie Waddell New Member

I am new to the forum and am considering changing my shaving process. My husband has suggested it, but I have concerns and questions as to the process and how difficult it truly is. Any help and suggestions on products would be appreciated.

2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Hello,

Being that I am a male, I realize the women have some differences in shaving needs, but this may help you to gather information.

It may be well to discuss what you are using now and what is "lacking" in what you are doing now. That will provide a starting point to help to zero in on the areas to change.

With that being said...

Welcome to the Den.

We know you'll fit right in.

So grab yourself a comfy chair,

and give our threads a spin!

Burma Shave

3. Maggie Waddell

Maggie Waddell New Member

I am currently using a Shick Quatro razor with a Gillete shaving gel. I vary in the type of gel I use, but I am looking for a closer shave and less razor burn and irritation.

4. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Welcome to The Shave Den, Maggie! :signs046:

I'd suggest starting with a brush and shaving soap or shaving cream for now. The shaving gel is most likely causing a large portion of your problems.

5. BassTone

BassTone Well-Known Member

Welcome Maggie. My wife Niki is also a convert. She really enjoys Kell's shaving soaps, an Omega badger brush and a vintage mid 1960's Gillette "Slim" adjustable razor (meaning that you can dial in how mild or aggressive the shave is 1-9) and she keeps her's on setting 2 or 3.

6. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

7. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Welcome aboard! It is a good idea to change just one thing at a time, so you can see what helps. I agree that the first thing to change is to switch to shaving soap & a good badger brush. Soaps are less drying than canned products, and tend to give you a closer shave. Down the road, you might consider switching to a double-edge safety razor. Once you master it, DE shaving is less irritating, less costly and will also give you a closer shave.

8. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Hi and welcome to the shave den:)

9. southernscribbler

southernscribbler Well-Known Member

Welcome, Maggie. Is your husband a member here? Just wondering if he suggested that you try something different. If not, then you may be able to get him to join you, if you decide that old school shaving gives you the desired effects that you are looking for. In any case, there are a lot of good people here to offer advice based on trial and error and some learned advice from those that have been doing this for awhile. It all boils down to what works for You. Glad to have you in our little community.

GDCarrington likes this.
  10. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Maggie, greetings and a big welcome.

11. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Hi! Welcome to the Den.

12. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

:signs046:to the Den! Good to see more ladies around the den lately.

13. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

14. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

welcome to The Shave Den, Maggie! I hope you enjoy your stay.

15. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

Welcome to the Den Maggie! Enjoy your stay here and Happy Shaving! :signs046:

16. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Welcome to the Den Maggie! I hope you find all the information you need here!

17. Paulie

Paulie Active Member

Welcome aboard!!

18. Shayne Redfearn

Shayne Redfearn Active Member

good to see new members :) anything I can help you with feel free to message me!