New Van der Hagen Luxury line

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by IAmTheJody, Mar 12, 2011.

1. JoeMal

JoeMal Member

If anyone buys the 3-pack and wants to get rid of a puck, PM me :)

2. Here you go: Propylene glycol, Water, Sorbitol, Sodium Stearate, Glycerin, Sodium Larueth Sulfate, Sodium Myristate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Triethanolamine, Butyrospermium Parkii (Shea Butter), Mangifera Indica (Mango Butter), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Titanium Dioxide, Fragrance.

The above ingredients is the Scented soap, the unscented soap is exactly the same except for the fragrance.

If anyone wants to PM me, I'll be glad to give the entire low-down of all the new VDH Luxury products. We already have them in-store, and they are selling very well already.

3. Jason1977

Jason1977 Active Member

Where can one buy it?

4. Good question. Unfortunately, the Groom Room does not process internet or mail orders, just walk in retail. If you're in the Ames, Iowa area today, or anytime for that matter, stop by The Groom Room... we've got a couple pucks left.

Amazon is taking pre-orders for the new Luxury line, but won't ship until March 24th. I'm not sure why they are waiting till the 24th, maybe they are forecasting future sales based on the # of pre-orders. As far as I know, The Groom Room is the first 'brick and mortar' barbershop/store to retail their new Luxury line.

We've almost sold out of these new soaps, and everyone of our wet shave customers are loving VDH's Luxury soap. They've commented that it is a totally different soap (much slicker, and makes lather so much faster, and that it stays moist on your face like nothing they've used before.) I have alot of wet shave customers because of the monthly 'Shave Clinics' I teach at The Groom Room. These classes sell out every month, and it's great to see so many men get back to shaving well.

I would suggest that you place a pre-order through Amazon, as this is the only way you can get it (right now anyway) through mail order/internet.

I can't stop shaving with it yet... it's almost as if I'm in awe, and I can't believe the fantastic way this new soap shaves. I'm sure that at somepoint, this feeling will subside a bit.

5. true01

true01 Member

I just pre-ordered a set cant wait to try it out.....

6. Jason1977

Jason1977 Active Member

novelty.....gotta love it, LOL! At some point it will inevitably have to stack amongst its peers.......basis for comparisons will be made....it'll be interesting...

7. southernscribbler

southernscribbler Well-Known Member

Well, I just got home from visiting my local Wally world, and the first place I went was the shaving aisle. NO, new VDH, just the deluxe soap. It's okay, because right now, I have more soap and shave cream to last me the rest of the year. By then, the new VDH should be available everywhere. I hope!

8. mike72

mike72 Member

Vdh is what I started with so I'm looking forward to trying it. So hats off to vdh I hope it goes good for them.

9. ffhower

ffhower New Member

Ordered mine and cant wait to get it. Just starting my addiction and figured this might be a good way to jump in with both feet. No toeing the water here.

10. Xezmer

Xezmer Active Member

I'm super excited for this. I preordered the set and the 3 pack of the scented. Can't wait! :D

11. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Our local Wally Worlds, Walgreens, CVS, put all their VDH stuff on clearance over a year ago. I actually thought VDH had gone out of the shaving business. Huh... I guess I ought to pay closer attention to these threads.

12. AwNix

AwNix Member

I truthfully can't tell the difference between the regular pink Van Der Hagen soap and the Deluxe version. I get a great shave from either. I'll buy the regular from now on because it's half the price and works just fine.

13. AwNix

AwNix Member

I meant "Luxury" soap. Pink is the Deluxe.