New Vehicle

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Baron, Mar 31, 2007.

1. Baron

Baron New Member

I bought my first new vehicle today. I've had other vehicles (6 to be exact) but none of them brand new.

Not the exact color... but this is it. I can take some real photos when I pick it up on Monday.

Attached Files:

2. Will

Will Nevermind

Very Nice!

Let us know how she drives? :D

3. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Congratulations Michael!

4. bearbeard

bearbeard Right Guard

Congrats Michael, that is awesome. I still haven't been able to buy new yet so I can understand how big a deal that is!!!

5. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Congrats, Michael. I have never bought a brand-new vehicle, either. But that one's a beaut! Very nice!

6. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Very nice. Hope you lasts you a long time and gives you a lot of enjoyment.

7. Edcculus

Edcculus Resident Bay Rummy

Man, I dont know what its like to drive a car less than 10 years old. Congrats!

8. Baron

Baron New Member

Well I would have actual photos up, but it's been raining since I got it... maybe this weekend

9. Amyn

Amyn Guest

Very nice Murano. Love the Nissans

10. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

That's a shame. How does it handle in the rain?

11. Baron

Baron New Member

Very well. I've missed all wheel drive. I was always a little nervous in the maxima in anything other than dry weather. It was a six speed front wheel drive with no traction control. I can't count how many times I would accelerate and the front would lose grip and start jumping around (powerful engine as well).

The Murano has very car like handling (it should, it's based on the Altima) but with the benefit of AWD and the height of an SUV.

I love it :)

12. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

I know what you mean. I wish my F-150 had a traction control system. What I really need is 4x4 w/TCS. I've got a little stuck a few times in the mud when hauling the horses to a show. You're not parked on pavement. Glad you are enjoying your new vehicle.

13. Baron

Baron New Member

You haul horses with a 150? wow.

Or maybe it's me... An ex of mine lived on a horse farm. They had a 350 duallie and a gooseneck trailer... I guess I'm just used to seeing them getting hauled with a larger vehicle.

14. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

That's what I should have. :D

Tow Package on the F-150. Two horse slant load trailer with dressing room. The truck has a 7700lb tow capacity. I top out at around 6500lb with trailer, horses and equipment. Wouldn't tow any more than that though.

15. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

Nice Haul there with the car love those cars where you sit a bit higher also gives you a better overview on the traffic ....

def. show us the real photos.

16. Baron

Baron New Member

17. bearbeard

bearbeard Right Guard

wow!!! that morano....she is one nica vehicle!!!

18. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

That really is nice Michael.... so practical too. or should that not be mixed with 'sexy' in a car... sweet honey! Your first new car is aways something special... but that one truly is! ;) :drool

19. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

Nice Morano indeed Dual Pipes... great colour tainted windows....love it.
    reminds me of my Sensei's Lexus he drives.

20. Baron

Baron New Member

I'll allow practical to mix with sexy :)

It does combine the best of what I love about vehicles (at least for the moment, when I can only own one)... it's got surprisingly sporty handling, a good power/pickup, but I get to sit up high and I have a larger vehicle with AWD.

I loved the color at the dealership when it was sunny, but then got a little disappointed when I saw it the next day. It's all worked out though, it was raining and dreary the next day and the color doesn't look as sharp in the rain, but I don't mind. Now that I've had it a week I love the color, looks awesome in the sun (literally looks like liquid) and still looks okay in the rain and with some inevitable dirt (I can't keep it off all the time :) ). Plus, while I've seen other Murano's on the road, I haven't seen any this color, so it seems to be one of the less common colors, which I prefer.

There are some awesome features on it too... that I never thought I'd really care about. It's got a backup camera, so anytime I back out of or into anywhere I can see exactly how far I am away. It actually has red/yellow/green lines that indicate how far you are away. I'll see if I can get some pics if anyone cares.

The key is awesome too. It's got the "intelligent" key. Basically it's just the keyfob that emits a signal that the car picks up. I can keep it in my pocket and press a button on the handle to get in, turn the switch (there's a plastic switch where the key would go) to start the car, then when I get out, just press the button on the handle again to lock it. I love it, especially when I get out of work where I have the key in my bag and don't feel like looking for it, just toss it in the back, start it, and go.

I could go on and on about the cool stuff in the car... maybe I'll do a little photo tour, although I'm not sure anyone other than me would care :)