New womens DE

Discussion in 'Women's Shaving' started by steamroller of funk, Oct 9, 2007.

1. steamroller of funk

steamroller of funk New Member

Now i know that razor choice has alot to do with personal preference. My wife has shown interest in shaving with a DE but doesnt like the fact that the Lady Gillettes are used. I told her that they are vintage some over 40 years old but has decided that she would like something new. What set ups do you recomend trying as a good first DE for a woman. Doesnt necessarily have to be a womas model (in fact if it isnt and she passes to something else i see my collection growing) :D

2. Will

Will Nevermind

Merkur Classic Long Handle. :D

3. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

4. Lyrt

Lyrt Flash

NOS Lady Gillette. :D

5. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

6. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Personnaly I recommend a long handle parker razor. I have an 60s womens super speed and the parker and let me tell you the only difference is the 60s you twist a small knob at the bottom and the parker you teist a much larger knob. Other than twisting the knob there is no difference.

7. steamroller of funk

steamroller of funk New Member

Where can i pick one of these up. MY babe loves that it is still in the package new.

8. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

9. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

I highly recommend that razor, I enjoy it myself. And, for $7.50 u can't beat the price ;)

10. CatMan

CatMan Member

I'd buy her a nice looking Weishi loaded with a Dorco. They are pretty and great for beginners.

11. javyn

javyn New Member

Luckily my gf has nothing against a vintage razor, actually she prefers the old school. She loves the long black handled Gillette adjustable I gave her. She doesn't use shaving cream or anything though, and quite frankly, it's painful to watch her shave her legs with the thing dialed up to 9....I know they aren't as sensitive as a face, but ouch, it still makes me shudder lol.

12. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Welcome to The Shave Den!

13. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Welcome to The Shave Den, javyn!

14. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Welcome to the Den.......kick back and relax

15. javyn

javyn New Member