New Yaqi Brushes!

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Kenny Ingram, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Kenny Ingram

Kenny Ingram Well-Known Member

Interested to know what people think of the new brushes by Yaqi. I hadn’t heard much on these forums about them, but I took a shot on one and it’s nothing short of amazing. I got a two-band badger bulb knot in their “Space” type handle. Everything from softness, to backbone and denseness of hairs, to release of lather, to the comfort of handle is amazing. I’d go so far as to say it feels very similar to badger knots in brushes by M&F/Paladin. It should also be said that they have Plisson-type knots, as well as “tuxedo” synthetic knots in very beautiful handles—and their price point is between $10 and $30 US. For this type of value, I really can’t believe that these brushes aren’t talked about more. What do you think?
    E78F7DA9-AEA0-4A3E-A005-54C0035DD73F.jpeg 082E203F-7A71-4424-9C7A-76AA431CE4C4.jpeg 6012B455-4DE8-4877-A893-652C2B3E26F8.jpeg

2. RyX

RyX DoH!

I viewed their website. Very tempted by that sparkly blue star dust , and it's in my favorite profile! I like the way that old fashioned Barbers Brush shape fits my hand.

I'm curious about several companies that now offer a Tuxedo style synthetic knot. I purchased one from APShaveCo when they were the only shop selling them. If they all come from the same supplier then they may all feel as good as the one I enjoy.

3. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I have one in bound, I’m curious to see how it performs.

4. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

5. RyX

RyX DoH!

I viewed this website.

9nein9 likes this.
  6. blitz

blitz Member

i have a silvertip and a 2 band on the way

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    9nein9, LOOT and RyX like this.
  7. LuvWetShavin

LuvWetShavin Well-Known Member

I have the same one you purchased on the way, had a $4-off coupon so with shipping it came to $23.33 with shipping ... looking forward to trying it out

8. LuvWetShavin

9. blitz

blitz Member

10. LuvWetShavin

That's why the look alike :):):)
    It's a really nice brush and well worth the $11.99 i paid

9nein9 and RyX like this.
  11. Kenny Ingram

Kenny Ingram Well-Known Member

Just got this in. Beautiful brush.

Attached Files:

9nein9, LOOT, Enrico and 2 others like this.
  12. LuvWetShavin

my new Yaqi brush
    PicsArt_01-18-09.01.21.jpg

brit, 9nein9, Keithmax and 4 others like this.
  13. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

9nein9 likes this.
  14. RyX

RyX DoH!

Stats? I think they are selling up to 30mm brushes. Rumor is they are the supplier of Tuxedo knots.

They used to be big lot wholesalers, but now sell singles at a decent price.
    Check HERE.

9nein9, Keithmax and Enrico like this.
  15. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I just found them after I asked. :D

Really like that yellow (Sagrada) one.

9nein9 likes this.
  16. LuvWetShavin

No AliExpress, took about 2-weeks to get

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    9nein9, Enrico and RyX like this.
  17. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Very handsome brush; I love the “starlight” design of the handle.

9nein9, RyX and Kenny Ingram like this.
  18. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

9nein9 likes this.
  19. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I follow them on Twitter, they do have some amazing prices and selection.

9nein9 likes this.
  20. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I have six of them, all rebranded by Stirling. They are all good brushes. I am not sure I would rate them quite up their with the top tier of badger brushes, if for no other reason than they lack the sheer density, but they perform much more like a $100 brush than a $40.

The synthetics are excellent, pick a handle that appeals to you, and you can’t go wrong.

I have one of the boars also, and once I worked it through a very early onset of the mange, it is a great brush. For the price these are sold at, I am more than willing to do a few extra lather and combs. The handle is fantastic.

I will definitely continue to collect more of them as Stirling adds new different models.