New young guy in San Diego.

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by benjiboy, Apr 28, 2013.

1. benjiboy

benjiboy Member

I'm new not only to this forum, but the art of the classic shave. I have read so many helpful write ups and tips. Thank you for helping me on this journey and learning experience. I only have a Fromm Shavette and some Williams mug soap and VDH brush and mug, but I will get more in time. If anyone has tips or advice on where or what to buy I'm all ears.

2. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

First off......:signs046: to the Den. I'm a DE razor person so I cannot help much. I do suggest trying some other soaps and creams. Williams can be very difficult to make lather with especially for a beginner and a good rich lather is VERY important. I'm quite sure you will be receiving many suggestions from the members shortly. Good luck to you and have a great time with your new experience.

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Hi! Welcome to the Den.
    Go grab a favorited beverage, something to munch on, come back here, get comfy, then ---> *click here*

4. benjiboy

benjiboy Member

Thank you.

5. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Welcome, nice to have you here.

6. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

:signs046: to TSD benjiboy.......I hope you enjoy it here as much as I do.:)

Sounds like your off to a good start, just be a little careful with the shavette. The Williams is a good, inexpensive soap,just keep in mind it likes water. Two good buys I.M.O. are an Edwin Jagger 89 DE shave head mated to a Weber SS BullDog handle. My favorite blades as of now are PolSilver Super Iridiums,Astra SP's,Voskhod and BlueBirds "YMMV" of course....Seriously though if you either stick with the shavette or go the DE route consider getting a large blade sample pack, the more blades you can try the better....:D

benjiboy likes this.
  7. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

8. aBSent

aBSent New Member

Yay! Welcome to TSD, I just joined up too and definitely have already got some good advice and added some things to my "to try" list... Trust me, won't be long before you have more recommendations than you know what to do with!

9. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Greetings and welcome to TSD. Two suggestions blade sampler, less pressure is good.

10. FacialCarnage

FacialCarnage Well-Known Member

11. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Hi BenjiBoy! Welcome to TSD and many Happy Shavings!

12. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

Welcome!

13. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Welcome to The Shave Den! :signs046: