Newbie - UPDATE First DE shave

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by otherstar, Jun 27, 2008.

1. otherstar

otherstar Rodney Dangerfield of TSD

I shaved DE for the first time this morning. I still need to work on my technique. I've been shaving with disposable, etc., for too long. I think I'll like it once I get the hang of it. :D

2. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Feel free to tell us details! It is always interesting to hear how the first few go when someone is just getting into it.

I assume since you are typing you didn't slit your throat.. so that is a good first day. ;)

:rofl

3. :happy102:scared011

I was scared the first time since I was too a disposable razor user. You will get the hang of it... If you get a good safety razor you should have no problem. The good thing about DE is that you can purchase blades and will last you longer than a disposable razor. Plus cheaper!

The only trouble for first users is that you have to take time, and most people don't have time... Me, for example! ... JEJEJE.

Well, Enjoy your shave! Which blades did you use?

Thanks,

Dark

4. otherstar

I nicked myself a few times, but nothing serious. I did a real nice job on the sides of my face (I have a mustache and goatee, so those areas aren't a problem). The only area I had was my neck/double chin (I'm a big guy). Practice will make perfect. I just need to learn to let the razor do the work. BTW, I'm using a pre-1951 Gillette Super Speed (no date markings) that belonged to one of my grandfathers.

5. otherstar

The razor is a Z1 Gillette Super Speed (I thoguht it had no date marks, until I found them tonight after I cleaned the razor a little more) that had belonged to one of my grandfathers. I was using blades that I got at Wal-Mart. POST EDITED: I discovered the date marks on the bottom of the razor's head.

6. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

Practice make perfect. :) There are some good threads on this topic here also.

7. Padron

Padron Active Member

Congrats! Sounds like your off to a great start ;) Your shaves will only get better too once you get your technique down :cool:

8. The Chebb

The Chebb New Member

Way to go otherstar! Just remember to take it sloooooow and eeeeeasy...and review mantic's videos - I use 'em as refresher training :D

9. Gigabitz

Gigabitz Member

Welcome, and good luck with your technique. I'm sure it will come quickly.

10. ltlsuz

ltlsuz Member

Welcome!
    Susie