Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Joe Rouse, Dec 29, 2019.

1. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard and based upon what you've written I'd recommend trying an injector razor. If want to start off with an injector try a Schick Type G. they are pretty much middle ground far as injector razors regardless of the variant. The Schick Type G injectors are still a dime a dozen and can be had on the cheap. You'll know after a few shaves if you want to continue on using injectors whether it be that razor or something more mild or aggressive. If not you might be out for more money spent on a single injector key of blades than the razor itself. I'd recommend something modern but there really are only 3 choices with one of those razors discontinued and first 2 are pricey and not what I would recommend if you are first getting into injectors. The third one well it is cheap but not a good razor for a beginner.

Only other recommendation if you get back into DE or SE razors is practice makes gooder, work on it on your days off from work until you are confident enough you can shave yourself without any major cuts and nicks which btw are most likely due to your technique and not those razors. Going from carts to either DE or SE the biggest habit you need to unlearn is the amount of pressure you use when you put the blade to your face.