Newly installed wall-mounted brush holder

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 2, 2021.

1. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

I didn't really have the shelf space for one of those cool, vintage round spinning rubber stamp holders so I went the surface mounted route. Found this modern-made wall holder on Amazon and eBay so I ordered one from Amazon for $18.66

It has 12 holders but they are all too close together for brush handles. So I got out the metal snippers and cut out every other holder. Now it holds six brushes comfortably.

Next thing to do is to figure out what kind of coating I am going to use on the holders to prevent them from scratching up my brush handles. There's the rather involved and messy plastic dip... There's the no-adhesive self-fusing silicone wrap tape... There's heat shrink tubing if I could find some wide enough to go over the holder prongs, and if I buy a heat gun... And the easiest option would be some silicone finger/toe protector sleeves as seen in one of the images below.

I'll also probably get another one of these for the empty space on the opposite wall because there are a few more brushes I would like to have and will need a place for them.

Using wall space definitely frees up valuable shelf space.
    IMG_20210602_115853~2.jpg IMG_20210602_115915~2.jpg
    IMG_20210602_120101~2.jpg Screenshot_20210602-123328a.jpg

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
  2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Very cool! I just use every horizontal surface in the house besides the bathroom (thanks to a very patient wife)

BTW you can always go up the wall with more holders. ;)

I'm always here with the helpful advice. :happy102:

:eatdrink013:

3. IAmTheJody

I'm already up the wall!
    :scared011:

4. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Oh yeah ..... I forgot ....... you're short. :happy068::rofl:

:signs081:

:eatdrink013:

5. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

A couple of things,

1. although a little messy, the plasti dip is not that combersome and come in all sorts of colors
    2. You dont need a heat gun for the shrink tube. A lighter will do the trick.
    3. Take the rack with you to either harbor freight, hardware store or automotive store when u buy the shrink tube or to get the sizing then order online for a better deal.

6. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Plastidip can be had in a spray can...

7. IAmTheJody

I saw that as well but wondering about over spraying on everything and streaks and runs.

8. brit

brit in a box

looks awesome.great idea..:):eatdrink047:

IAmTheJody likes this.
  9. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Hang it in a box and use light coats.

brit and IAmTheJody like this.
  10. Jorvaljr

I have some gun metal grey plasti dip still. If you want to send it to me, i dont mind doing it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ijustmissedthe50s, richgem and brit like this.
  11. IAmTheJody

That's super awesome and generous of you! I ordered a second holder today so after it arrives, and after I snip out six of the holders like I did this one, I may very well take you up on the offer if you think you have enough to do both. And of course I would reimburse you for the shipping via PayPal Gift, Cash App, Google Pay or money order.

12. Jorvaljr

I think so, if not the plastidip isnt too expensive
    I think $17 shipped for the can i bought.

13. IAmTheJody

Well I definitely wouldn't want you to have to spend money on a new can just for me. And then the round trip shipping of the holders. That just doesn't make it feasible for you or me. I'm still going to get some of those toes/fingers silicone sleeves and see how that works out first. I'll let you know one way or another. :happy088:

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  14. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Looks great!

I need an Amazon link. I can't see the holder in the pics. :(

15. IAmTheJody

I don't know why I said I only paid $11 for it. It was $18.66 I've edited my original post to correct. It's all third party sellers so I picked the cheapest one which was Zorro Sales, who turned out to be well known Grainger Industrial Supply who shipped it. So if you have a Grainger store in your area, it may be cheaper directly since they wouldn't have any Amazon selling fees.

And here you go:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007IANNSQ/?tag=thshde-20

And here it is on eBay, BIN, also by Zorro Sales/Grainger, for a little cheaper $16.82
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cosco-038782-Stamp-Rack-Strip-Holds-12-Stamps-/333849221116

If you do have a Grainger store nearby, you can order it on their website and they will ship it to your nearby store free. Cost will be $11.73 plus your state/local tax.
    https://www.grainger.com/product/COSCO-Stamp-Rack-Strip-1CZV9

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
  16. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Nice

IAmTheJody likes this.
  17. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Did you get the free movie poster too?

[​IMG]

18. IAmTheJody