Nice Toggle Score!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Gillette_Man, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Is anybody here the lucky recipient of this fine razor? I know from personal experience that all that bad boy needs is a good cleaning, and then it's gonna look like a million bucks!

CLICK ME

2. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Personal experience, is that your old Toggle Rick? Decent price.

3. Hiya,

I'd been watching to see what the selling price would end up at, and I'd be a little spooked about bidding on the thing. There was a bunch of pics, but none with the 'money shot'........yeah, none that showed the condition of the outer head doors. Who knows what kinda shape those are gonna be in?

I'm probably just being overly cautious, and whoever bought the razor will probably be happy with it. Not a bad price if it's in good shape.
    Martin

Oh.........the other reason I probably wouldn't have bid on the razor is the fact they don't give me a very comfortable shave. Tried two of em, and they weren't for me.

4. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

the first thing I thought when I thought when I saw it was "what is he doing holding it like that!? He is holding it by one of the silo doors, and you can see that he is forcing that one farther open than the other one is just from the gravity. Yikes! Don't touch my razors!

5. Hanspleasure

Hanspleasure New Member

.. you still need therapy from your Toggle trauma. One of these days you'll move on and find a happy Toggle to settle down with :happy102

6. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

The personal experience I was speaking of was the many nice razors I have fished out of the bay cheaply that were covered in soap scum, patina, or tarnish because I think a lot of people can't differentiate those easy to clean issues from plating damage. I've seen worse looking ones go for more.

And no, not my old Toggle -- I only have the one. ;)

7. SlagleRock

SlagleRock Member

I won this one. I actually emailed the seller and they emailed me a pic of the doors. Looks like there is a tiny bit of lacquer loss, but 100% of the gold on the doors is intact!