Nivea Body Shave Soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by urrlord, Jan 13, 2019.

1. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

To continue with my bout of acquisitions from TJ Maxx here is the Nivea Body Shave Stick.I picked it up for 4 bucks.I see online that it is usually 6 dollars and higher.I have never used a Nivea shave product so this will be a first for me.

I used it with a presoaked hot boar brush and brass bowl.I loaded the brush from the stick and hit the bowl and whipped up what appeared to be a thin lather,however when applied to the face it became thick and creamy.I used a shavette with a new Sputnik blade.I did 2 passes and a touchup.Pretty darn smooth and slick.Not quite as slick as some gel types I have used but better than most.My face felt smooth and hydrated.

I may have to go back a get a few more for the cabinet,after a use it a time or two more.

Leo501, steve207, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  2. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I have a Nivea body stick and it's up for use tomorrow. Have used it one other time with good success. Rubbed the stick on my face and then face lathered. Resulted in a really nice, slick lather. I was impressed.

Leo501, steve207, brit and 1 other person like this.
  3. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Other than the bowl lather, it sounds like a great shave!
    I'll have to go look at t.j. Maxx

brit and PLAla like this.
  4. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Big Fan

brit likes this.
  5. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

I usually buy the Old Spice version, but they were out of it so I bought NIVEA Men DEEP Active Clean Body Wash from Amazon. I really like it it doesn't smell like the Old Spice.

6. steve207

steve207 Well-Known Member

great stuff I found mine in the close out ben it was the last one

7. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I recently got some of the Nivea stick off of Amazon after having seen this thread. I think it's a great performer for (facial) shaving and it really makes a nice lather if you use it with a brush. But.... something in it, probably the frag mixture, doesn't agree with my skin. :sad024: