Nivea energizing line

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by sapito318, Nov 18, 2008.

1. sapito318

sapito318 Member

I have tried this line of products, which can be purchased from any store really, and really like them. The energizing face lotion is very nice, as is the A/S balm. Anybody else tried these products?

2. Bussemand

Bussemand Well-Known Member

I think it might be a question of who hasn't :D
    Especially the aftershave balm. As i recall it has a very nice "clean" scent.

3. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Actually I haven't tried their stuff and don't plan to do so - the ingredients lists make me cringe. But nonetheless, I'm glad to hear the stuff's working ::

4. Bussemand

The Nivea A/S balm i have tried (Nivea for Men After Shave Extra Soothing Balm, Sensitive Skin ) contains this:

Water , Glycerin , Dicaprylyl Carbonate , Panthenol , Isopropyl Palmitate , Tapioca Starch , Tocopheryl Acetate , Bisabolol , Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract Matricaria , Glycerine Soja Oil Soybean , Triceteareth-4 Phosphate , Carbomer , Sodium Hydroxide , Citric Acid , Phenoxyethanol , Methylparaben , Fragrance

The other versions might have some cringe-worthy ingredients, but this doesn't seem that horrifying...:D

5. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Yeah, that really doesn't look too bad, thanks for posting!

6. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I have a bottle of the ASB, but only use it on really dry days. I have an oily face and need alcohol and alum most days. Good enough for how often I use it.

7. sapito318

sapito318 Member

Proraso ASB is also very nice.

8. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

I stick with the TSD aftershave milk and Kiehls Facial Fuel. Zirhs correct/protect is also nice as just a moisturizer for the winter.

9. SlagleRock

SlagleRock Member

I've used Nivea off and on over the years, most of their products seemed to work ok for me.

10. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I keep reading the thread title as "energizing lime" and am let down when I realize it is an n not an m. I have a couple of Nivea's balms and they are pretty nice, but I use the ones with scent more.

11. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Energizing lime would be a cool name for a shaving crem. Do ya hear that, JoAnna??? :D

12. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Klaus, we can split the royalty checks for the naming rights. ;)

I have seen caffeinated soaps before, what are the chances you could work that JoAnna?

13. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I've seen caffaine bath products, too.

I'll have to look into it. :think002

14. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

great :happy088

caffeinated soap? Never heard of that before....

15. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

16. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

that sounds cool, thanks for the link! :D

17. SlagleRock

SlagleRock Member

Interesting, but I don't think I'd ever need such a thing because a great shave is all the motivation I need in the morning!

18. apswartz

apswartz New Member

I hear it is popular with Linux code hackers.
    :D

19. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

...or microsoft-users that spend 9 hours to fix stuff to be able to work for one... :D

20. Bussemand

pfffh...fanboys