Nivea Sensitive After Shave Balm |VS| Proraso After Shave Balm

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by idan, Aug 24, 2018.

?

Nivea Sensitive After Shave Balm |VS| Proraso After Shave Balm

1. Nivea Sensitive After Shave Balm

2. Proraso After Shave Balm (White)

3. Proraso After Shave Balm (Blue)

4. Proraso After Shave Balm (Green)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. idan

idan Active Member

hey evreyone:
    which aftershave balm do you prefer and why ?
    Nivea Sensitive After Shave Balm or Proraso After Shave Balm ?
    In the selection of Proraso After Shave Balm please specify which version do you prefer White,Blue,Green...
    Thank you :):)

Nivea Sensitive After Shave Balm
    [​IMG]
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Proraso After Shave Balm (White)
    [​IMG]

Proraso After Shave Balm (Blue)

[​IMG]

Proraso After Shave Balm (Green)
    [​IMG]

brit likes this.
  2. bayercy

bayercy Well-Known Member

I have Proraso White AS balm and Nivea Mild(not Sensetive) balm in my rotation. Both of them are good performers, imo.
    Proraso White might be a bit better than Nivea.
    But i prefer Proraso's Green AS Lotion. It is an awesome after shave.

brit likes this.
  3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Rather unfair for me to vote as that I only have tried Proraso's Green AS Lotion, but that said, I really enjoy it. :D

brit likes this.
  4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

On this survey, I am recusing myself, as I've never used Prororaso. .

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  5. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

I have Proraso White aftershave balm and Nivea Sensitive aftershave balm. Of the two I prefer the Nivea. It is a little thicker in consistency than the Proraso. I haven’t used either one in a while since I don’t use balm in the summer. Just to throw a wrinkle in this little poll, the balm that I prefer over all other balms is Taylor of Old Bond Street Mr. Taylor’s Luxury Aftershave Balm. It is completely different in consistency than the other two. It is opaque with a gold hue. And you only need a little dab and it just seems to cover and soothe your entire face. I have fairly oily skin and I find the TOBS to be the best for my complexion.

brit and Tdmsu like this.
  6. Mr. Oldschool

Mr. Oldschool Johnny Dangerously

I've never tried the Prorasos but I have a bottle of the Nivea, and have had it for years. It's too bland for my taste, so I put a bunch of M-Bomb in it and mixed it up. Makes a nice face freeze that way. I'm not sure that's really what you were asking for... Someday I may try the Proraso now that I know about it. I'm not going to vote on it, though.

7. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I find Proraso White very comforting.
    WSP makes a real good balm, roo

8. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

I enjoy all of them, but if i end up with some serious razor burn i reach for the nivea if i have mild burn i go for aqua velva 5 in 1 balm. Nivea just feels more nurishing

brit likes this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

have only used the nivea so far..good stuff, but don t use balms often..

10. BlaydRunner

BlaydRunner Member

Used the Nivea, and is ok. But I use 2 different after shave balms that I prefer more, mainly because I like the scent better. Nivea seams a bit waxy or paraffin like to me. Haven't used the Proraso balms. But I do like the pre and post shave Proraso.

Frijolero and brit like this.
  11. Arnout

Arnout Well-Known Member

I really like the wood and spice, the sensitive and the white are both nice.

Frijolero, brit and BlaydRunner like this.
  12. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Before I answer this poll, I have to include a caveat, YOU PROBABLY DONT HAVE SENSITIVE SKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ok, now thats out of the way, lets get back to the poll. I bought the Nivea, because it was the only balm that my local grocer carried for a long time. It has worked well and I have no complaints. It leaves my skin feeling nice and fresh with no sting, or drying out. I wear it quite a bit in the winter time, to try to lock in as much mositure as possible.

On to the Prorasso products. I have tried all 3, as well as the "single blade" line. For my money the single blade line is better than the others for one simple reason, it is thicker. As one poster pointed out, the prorasso products seem more runny, and like there is a ton more water in them than actual balm. The single blade feels more like the same consistancy as the nivea, plus the scent of "Azur Lime" is one that sticks around for a while!

BlaydRunner, Frijolero and brit like this.
  13. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

I enjoy both. Though I think I prefer the scent profile of Proraso white ASB a bit more.

brit likes this.