no editor

Discussion in 'The Help Desk' started by John Beeman, Feb 2, 2014.

1. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

For the past several days when I post something there's no editor? I think that's what you call the choices usually just above your typing that let you change the font, or italicize, or pick an emoticon, etc..
    I also no longer see the photo I'm posting until it posts. I just see some text indicating an attachment.
    I'm using a laptop with Internet Explorer 11 and Windows 7

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Please try a different browser, and let us know if you still experience this issue. Thanks!

3. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Pardon my ignorance. How do I know if my computer has a different browser? If not, is it something I have to buy? How would I acquire a different browser if needed? Sorry, I've just never used anything but Internet Explorer. Did something change with the ShaveDen website because I used to see an editor when I was posting and I still see it when I use my computer at work (with Internet Explorer)? Again, sorry for the dumb questions.

4. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Firefox or Chrome are popular browsers. Both are free. They don't come installed on most computers, I believe. Not horribly tech savvy myself, but I've learned a few things over the last 8 or so years. :)

I did a little research after I posted last night, and I did find some reports of issues with IE11. Maybe your work computer isn't using IE11?
    The reports however seemed as if they didn't correspond with the software version we're running on the forum (xenforo 1.2.4).

5. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

I love Google chrome!

6. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I would recommend Chrome as well..........