No no no....

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by txskimo, Jul 12, 2015.

1. txskimo

txskimo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Something that should have been almost routine besides some new areas I'm not used to shaving turned into a disaster. I did try a persona blue for the first time I think so maybe it was the blade. Prep was just a hot shower as usual and soap was P160 which I've never had problems with before. I will say such bad results really made me want to focus on DE again and get results I was once use to. Maybe I'll go back and forth between DE and straights which would be fine. Straights on the days off from work and DE for work nights. Maybe it was just the time I've been away from the forum....shaving gods punishing me lol

2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

O.K. first you need to go to this thread ...

http://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/stopping-the-flow-of-red.43938/

Next you need to be sure to apply a good balm such as Nivea to help soothe the skin.

In addition you may need to find a blade with a little less sharpness and more smoothness. Big Ben may be one to go after to help you restore your touch with a new 30 day plan.

I am sure some of the other folks may offer some advice on shaving balms.

Good fortune in your search to solve this issue.

macaronus, Rufus T. and txskimo like this.
  3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Ouch! Did you do that with a straight or a DE?

4. txskimo

With my DE. I was using a Voskhod the last couple of days but it felt tuggy going S-N on my lip and some parts of my chin. I thought the blade just needed to be changed and happened to have to persona laying by itself in the cabinet. I won't blame it all on the blade but there was a big difference between the two. The Voskhod felt tuggy on some strokes but irritation was far less as where the persona just tore me up. Shaving is getting interesting again as if I'm just starting my wet shave journey so that's cool

Drygulch and macaronus like this.
  5. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Hey @txskimo , when was the last time you had to shave around that upper lip?

Just a guess...but perhaps the nicks experienced around that new area (upper lip) just threw you off in your technique on those other areas?

Don't be so hard on yourself. It's just one shave and tomorrow's another day. Regroup and strengthen your focus tomorrow using tools you are confident with.

Just my two cents

GDCarrington, macaronus and txskimo like this.
  6. txskimo

I can't remember the last time I shaved my upper lip and most of my chin. I'm not mad at the results but more intrigued with the fact I felt so confident in my skills and then came up with these results. I'm not going to do a traditional focus but I will start taking notes from now on to discover what's really causing me problems

Drygulch and Rufus T. like this.
  7. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Your next shave will be fine. You were just rusty. Feel free to post on the 30 Day thread anytime! Alumni welcome always. Hang in there!

Drygulch likes this.
  8. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

Blood is just a sign of a very close shave.

Drygulch and macaronus like this.
  9. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

I agree. It looks like a very close shave indeed! Maybe the blade, maybe technique or maybe a combination of the two. I'd change the blade to a new Voskhod and see what happens... I think you'll do just fine!

Other than the red bits: nice look!

Drygulch and txskimo like this.