No Shave Day.

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by BlueShaver, Oct 19, 2019.

1. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

I agree. I did shave every day when I was using carts because I had to for work. But I also had a fair amount of stubble on my face every morning. That is no longer the case with using a DE. I can wake up in the morning and run my hand on my face and it will feel pretty darn smooth wtg and xtg. I might feel something atg in places but not all. Fortunately I don't need to shave for work any longer so that's not a concern.

RyX, Enrico, S Barnhardt and 2 others like this.
  2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I shave .....

Sunday
    Tuesday
    Thursday

Maybe more if a special occasion.

:eatdrink013:

RyX, brit and S Barnhardt like this.
  3. S Barnhardt

S Barnhardt Old, Crusty Barn

Not required for work any longer or retired?

Retirement is great.

:happy069:

RyX and brit like this.
  4. MntnMan62

Well, I'm not willing to be retired because it's been a forced retirement. But finding something that even approximates what I was doing has been a challenge. I haven't given up but beginning to accept the fact that I may need to change things up 360 degrees. So, not really retired and it hasn't been fun.

Lancre, brit and S Barnhardt like this.
  5. S Barnhardt

S Barnhardt Old, Crusty Barn

Hope something opens up for you!! I won't go all philosophical on you, but will say be open minded. Sometimes these kinds of things lead to unexpected bonuses!

Good Luck :eatdrink013:

brit and MntnMan62 like this.
  6. MntnMan62

Thanks my good man. I hope you're right. I'll definitely drink to that as well. :eatdrink013:

brit and S Barnhardt like this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

happily retired from turning wrenches..service writer/advisor instead..better shaving required..and enjoyed..:)

Terry likes this.
  8. Lancre

Lancre Well-Known Member

I feel for you. Ten years ago, a lot of us were in that boat. It sucks.

MntnMan62 and brit like this.
  9. BlueShaver

BlueShaver Premature Latheration Sufferer

No shave day today.

Up too late to bother this morning due to feeling like poop because of a cold/flu festering up.

Bah.

brit likes this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

get well soon Jon..

11. Laird

Laird Well-Known Member

I agree with MntnMan62. When I first got into the whole "retro" DE shaving thing back in 2013 I figured I "Must.Shave.Every.Day.", but even at 59 my skin doesn't tolerate that and for the last 2-3 years I've only been shaving about three times a week. No razor burn, and the BBS quality results are consistant. It just works better for me to take at least 48hrs. in between. Like MntnMan62, the closeness lasts well into day two. I usually do Monday afternoon around 3pm. Then Wednesday and Saturday, or just Thursday and wait until Monday again.

brit likes this.
  12. BlueShaver

No shave since monday and i think i will leave it for the week.

I just have not had time in the mornings this week. Also, i am keen to give my skin a rest from shaving daily for a while. To that end, i may break off from daily shaving or just keep it to two passes. I do feel that chasing the baby every morning is taking its toll.

brit likes this.
  13. BlueShaver

Had a meh shave on Sunday night but nothing since.
    This is most unlike me tbh as i am usually clean shaven!

i have shave-apathy lol.

eek.

brit likes this.