No Shave November 2015

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Justin Linker, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Justin Linker

Justin Linker Wetshaving belieber

Wasn't sure where to post this, so mods please move this to your likened designation.

Alright guys, it's time. NSN is back again. Who wants to take the challenge with me? No Shave November is an annual event where men grow their beards and essentially donate to a male based charity. Typically cancer. Some will donate a certain amount for each day they do not shave. Even if you don't donate to any charity, you can still partake in the festivities and spread the word about the event. Not only is it a positive event, it's also a shock factor and conversation starter for those who are not used to seeing you with the facial hair.

However, with all that being said...I feel I will be alone with this one! So, I'll be documenting my progress through daily pics here. If you want to do it yourself, you can also post your pics here as well.

youngunn and wristwatchb like this.
  2. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

Can't do it brother. After about a week the itching drives me nuts and if I can make 10 days I look like one of the guys who cleans your windshield in the intersection if you know what I'm saying. Good luck!

Justin Linker likes this.
  3. Justin Linker

Maybe then people will start giving you money and food.

4. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

There's an idea....

5. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Me too.

6. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

It gets too itchy after 2 days :eatdrink013:

7. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Justin, I look forward to following your progress. :)

8. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I thought a Jedi would be more resilient. :signs002:

richgem likes this.
  9. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

Have you met Luke's Dad, yet?:ahem:

wristwatchb likes this.
  10. Double Edge Dougy

Double Edge Dougy Well-Known Member

Ive promised to participate this year so ill be on your team this month

11. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

I can't grow a beard. I might be 35, but my face is 12 in that regard. Grows very spotty and thin some places and wilder in some others. Looks anything but cool.

12. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

The wife suggested this the other day. The problem is that I love shaving way too much to go a whole month without it. I commend people that are able to go that long.

13. Justin Linker

It's tough. Trust me. Especially the first 2 weeks I have to fight the urge to shave my neck because of the itch. But once after that it's all good. Starting December I start shaping the beard with a shavette. It becomes a fun thing to do.

SHAVEWIZARD420 likes this.
  14. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I have my moustache thin on my goatee for years, but the last time I grew it out my skin was mad at me for quite a while. It is fun to see how much beard grows in a month. Good luck with growing it out!

Double Edge Dougy likes this.
  15. Justin Linker

Day 3 of NSN Update

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

youngunn likes this.
  16. Justin Linker

A little bit of humor for ya on this Tuesday morning. My shirt of the day lol.

[​IMG]

youngunn likes this.
  17. Justin Linker

Day 3 of no shaving. Heavy stubble. Thankfully the itching has not started...yet.

Tdmsu likes this.
  18. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I can't do it. I'll still have to shave my neck because neck beards are disgusting. Plus, I still have to attend drill with the National Guard and they frown up facial hair.

youngunn likes this.
  19. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

This has been harder than I thought- not shaving. I'm curious to see how my beard grows in, but I miss shaving.

20. Justin Linker

Me too. Believe me. Keep it up though. This is the time we fast to truly appreciate our daily shaves.

Tdmsu likes this.