non tallow tabac?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Glondus, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Glondus

Glondus Well-Known Member

does anyone have information for a non tallow tabac? please tell me it is just a rumor, i might stock some tallow tabac :)

2. Ksblazer

Ksblazer Well-Known Member

I read a thread on another forum where they showed a pic of the ingredients and there was no mention of tallow.

If I were you, I'd start stocking up.

3. Glondus

i still hope it will be another variant like tabac vegan, but yes i start stocking.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  4. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

As I understand it, this would effect the soap in the jar and the shave stick, not the cream in the tube as it never had tallow in it. A good thing for me anyway as I love the cream in the tube and won't be missing anything. Bad thing for the soap jar and stick users.

Ijustmissedthe50s and Tedolph like this.
  5. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

First they dropped Irisch Moos, now they are reformulating their Tabac, what comes next?

6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Williams is being discontinued.

7. Tedolph

Tedolph Well-Known Member

Ha!

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  8. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

:happy068:

Ijustmissedthe50s and Tedolph like this.
  9. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

So there is hope ........ :angelic007:

:happy097:

Ijustmissedthe50s, brit and swarden43 like this.
  10. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

11. SpeedyPC

I'm all set for a very very very long time loving tallow Tabac and another 6 more refill pucks coming soon in the mail from my brother who also LOVES Tabac, however, my brother doesn't know I'm already stocked up.

2 travel sticks
    6 refill sticks
    6 refill pucks, plus 6 more comings soon in the mail (12 in total)

[​IMG]

Ron R, awk-m4, brit and 6 others like this.
  12. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

It is true, another one bites the dust. I checked the mothership's website and shared my opinion with them. I also let them know I will never buy another Tabac product after 7 years as a loyal customer. The link is below if you wish to share your thoughts with M&W

https://www.m-w.de/en/contact/

13. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

What would ever possess them to do something so stupid? If it works, don't fix it.

14. Glondus

i sent a begging message :)

Ijustmissedthe50s, Hembree and brit like this.
  15. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Like I said in the other thread, maybe their hand was forced. The soap might have been made by a third party that ceased to exist.

16. Tedolph

Tedolph Well-Known Member

There have been rumors about Fine Accoutrements (old tripple milled ? formula) and the Tabac base being the same. I have also been presented with evidence to the contrary. As you may all know, the F.A. factory, in the Netherlands I believe, closed and F.A. went to a croap formula from Italian Barber?

Can anyone confirm or comment on this? I am not a Tabac fan but was/am a huge fan of the old F.A. soaps.

Ijustmissedthe50s, danbuter and brit like this.
  17. SpeedyPC

Mail called today from my brother another six more refill pucks tallow version of TABAC!!!! I’m bloody glad to have a total 12 refill pucks, 6 refill sticks and 2 travel sticks all tallow soaps for many many years now. I give my middle finger salute to the vegan non-tallow version of Tabac in hell or kiss my rear :prrr:

[​IMG]

18. Glondus

i am kinda jelous of this stocking :) enjoy your tabac for the years to come.

Ijustmissedthe50s and SpeedyPC like this.
  19. danbuter

danbuter Well-Known Member

Checking out the various shaving stores online, it seems like a lot of tallow-based soaps are out of stock. Did the EU change a law and make them illegal? Or was it just shutdowns destroying another small business (the soap factories)?

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  20. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
    Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.