NOVember 2016 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Oct 31, 2016.

?

What are your plans for NOVember

Poll closed Nov 30, 2016.
  1. No Variation baby! Gonna RULE this month!

16.7%
  2. No Variation on the razor/blade but I'll FOCUS around it!

10.0%
  3. Gonna do my own thing, thank you very much....because I CAN!

36.7%
  4. Shenanigans Palooza baby!

20.0%
  5. Forget this shaving thing....it's really NO SHAVE November, no matter what you say!

3.3%
  6. I'm more worried about getting in shape to make it to the table on Thanksgiving!

3.3%
  7. Cookies. Lots of cookies. SO MANY cookies!

36.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

I feel that, for all the things people think about the Tech, it is a true test of DE Techniques due to its mild design. I never really understood the razor until I used it for a month. Good luck, and I know you'll master it this month.

2. Bama Samurai

People who have not yet tried the Bunny should sign up, @twhite has designed a great razor. I suggest using the wild comb and keeping the angle really low.

3. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

No, this is nice lather[​IMG]

4. countryheathen

countryheathen Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Nov 2. Shave of the Day:

Razor: Gillette Ball End Tech H4
    Blade: Astra SP
    Soap: Barrister and Mann Bay Rum
    Brush: JR #107

The Tech is great. And the Astra blades perform fine yet again. First shave with this blade and it is a near perfect BBS in two passes. I probably could have gotten away with one pass and some clean up, but I love the smell of my soap so much I wanted to do another pass. I had to use a Styptic pencil on three spots around my adams apple because I quite frankly stink at shaving there.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Linuxguile, Drygulch, NCoxSTL and 8 others like this.
  5. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Nope. I just got my blade sample pack and need to start finding the right one. Shaving 30 days with the blade that came with the razor is a nonstarter.

6. Salty Belle

Salty Belle Well-Known Member

Hey...how did you get that picture of me?!!!

Linuxguile, Drygulch, NCoxSTL and 4 others like this.
  7. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

That's a beautiful set up, Clint.

Charlie

8. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

You should have seen Adam in his "Trump Properties" long white Egyptian cotton bathrobe. Yo, when this Dude travels, he goes first class. :)

Charlie

9. RyX

RyX DoH!

Are you working on skin stretching? Try pulling the skin to one side to flatten it out, then pull to the other to overlap shaves on that hilly terrain.
    I was not referring you, Ms. Kathleen. Everyone knows Ladies have skin tight skin! ;)

10. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Razor: Mongoose B2 Satin w/Custom Made Handle Aluminum (England)
    Blade: Feather Pro (3)
    Brush: Rubberset 400 Unmarked w/Omega Pro 49
    Soap: Route 66 Cavendish
    Aftershave: Folsom Capri

This handle is aluminum and weighs is at 37.7 grams. It is also little long at approximately 3.5" It does look slippery and it is. It has a nice appearance, however, it is to light for my liking. The Rubberset 400 no markings (@clint64) is amazing. It fits my had perfectly and holds a ton of lather. Just a dream to use. Route 66 Cavendish is a Lightly spiced cedar wood mingles with notes of bergamot, bay and fir; nicely balanced with the slightly sweet, warm aroma of Cavendish cut and cured tobacco leaf. It has a long lasting, slick lather protective cushion and glide with soothing post shave conditioning. The scent gets better with each and every shave. I highly recommend this soap.
    Folsom Capri is in my top five aftershaves. :happy088:
    Been very busy preparing the 2017 Shave Calendar which I should have ready in a 2 to 3 weeks.
    2 11 16.jpg

11. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Charlie. This brush and razor could move many of my items to the back of the shelf. :D

12. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great set up Doug. The Omega Pro 49 in the 400 is a lather monster.

13. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

It sure is a Monster. It is a great brush. I can't believe how much lather is still in the brush after I do 3 passes and a cleanup.

14. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

You made me smile

15. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

:happy096:

16. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Once it's on the internet it's out there forever. Wow you soap sure does make allot of lather. :happy102:

Well played @Salty Belle

17. countryheathen

countryheathen Well-Known Member

I will have to work on skin stretching. The things I never had to do when using a cart. Still worth it, because my skin looks a lot better after a month of DE shaving then it looked is 15 years of shaving the other ways.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

18. RyX

RyX DoH!

NOvember Focus

Stirling Mountain Man & B-400 brush
    Fatip/Muhle Hybrid & Generic Israeli
    Alum block & Vintage Avon Bravo AS

SOTD 11022016.gif
    I've been pushing the reset timer. Left to nature I'd shave in the evenings, and might skip a day. Combine that with efficient beard reduction the every 24 hours repetition wasn't leaving much to shave.
    Been more like 36 since my last shave, and I like it better.
    Or it could have been the sample of Stirling soap PIF'd by @aelfred.t.allspa who hasn't been around since mid August. Good soap, another on my list of Wanna Get Some. Three passes + clean up while paying attention to my angles yielded incremental improvement. Closer finish with less irritation, no nicks. Alum was still warm on my neck but the AS cooled it down. It also compliments the scent of the soap.
    Good Shaves Y'all!

19. Bama Samurai

Many times, skin stretching is the difference between DFS and BBS.

20. Salty Belle

Salty Belle Well-Known Member

:happy102:We'd better stop now or end up in the dirty joke forum!

clint64, Norcalnewb, mrchick and 4 others like this.