November Adjustables

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Jayaruh, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Friday's Adjustable Shave
    [​IMG]

Proraso Pre Shave
    Musgo Real
    Jayaruh #220
    Rockwell 6C (4)
    Gillette Silver Blue
    CWR
    Thayer's Lemon WH
    Aqua Velva

I started off with Proraso Pre Shave. The Musgo Real Shaving Soap face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #220 synthetic brush. I did two passes with the Rockwell 6C Adjustable razor and Gillette Silver Blue blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Aqua Velva AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

2. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Veterans Day Shave
    [​IMG]

Proraso Pre Shave
    Musgo Real
    Jayaruh #220
    Russian Rocket Raketa Straight
    CWR
    Thayer's Lemon WH
    Aqua Velva

I started off with a prayer of thanksgiving for all those who have served in our armed forces. All gave some, some gave all. May God bless them all.

Next, I applied some Proraso Pre Shave. The Musgo Real Shaving Soap face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #220 synthetic brush. I did two passes with the Russian Rocket Raketa Straight and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Aqua Velva AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

3. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Menthol Monday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Proraso Pre Shave
    C.O. Bigelow
    Jayaruh #241
    Ming Shi
    Gillette Silver Blue
    CWR
    Thayer's Lemon WH
    Barbasol AS

I started off with Proraso Pre Shave. The C.O. Bigelow Shaving Cream face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #241 synthetic brush. I did two passes with the Ming Shi adjustable razor with a Gillette Silver Blue blade and ended up with a close, comfortable BBS. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Barbasol AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

I wanted to come back and note what a great shave this was. Between the Proraso Pre Shave, the C.O. Bigelow, and the Barbasol AS, I got a hefty dose of menthol. The Ming Shi adjustable was a solid performer, too. Set on 4.5, I could have stopped after one pass, but I did a clean up pass and ended up with a BBS. I think I paid less than $10 for this razor, and it is worth 5-10 times that.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    Jim99 likes this.
  4. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Tuesday's Adjustable Shave
    [​IMG]

Proraso Pre Shave
    Fine Snake Bite
    Jayaruh #241
    Gillette 195 Fatboy
    Gillette Silver Blue
    CWR
    Thayer's Lemon WH
    Barbasol AS

I started off with Proraso Pre Shave. The Fine Snake Bite Shaving Soap face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #241 synthetic brush. I did two passes with the Gillette 195 Fatboy adjustable razor on 5 with a Gillette Silver Blue blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Barbasol AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

5. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Williams Wednesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Proraso Pre Shave
    Williams
    Jayaruh #241
    Gillette Slim
    Gillette Silver Blue
    CWR
    Thayer's Lemon WH
    Barbasol AS

I started off with Proraso Pre Shave. The Williams Mug Shaving Soap face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #241 synthetic brush. I did two passes with the Gillette Slim adjustable razor with a Gillette Silver Blue blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Barbasol AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

6. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Thursday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Proraso Pre Shave
    Stirling Soap Pharaoh's Dreamsicle
    Jayaruh #241
    Gillette Super 84
    Gillette Silver Blue
    CWR
    Thayer's Lemon WH
    Pharaoh's Dreamsicle AS

I started off with Proraso Pre Shave. The Stirling Soap Pharaoh's Dreamsicle Shaving Soap face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #241 synthetic brush. I did two passes with the Gillette Super 84 adjustable razor with a Gillette Silver Blue blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Pharaoh's Dreamsicle AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

PLAla likes this.
  7. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Friday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Proraso Pre Shave
    Fine Snake Bite
    Jayaruh #241
    Gillette 190 Black Beauty
    Gillette Silver Blue
    CWR
    Thayer's Lemon WH
    Barbasol AS

I started off with Proraso Pre Shave. The Fine Snake Bite Shaving Soap face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #241 synthetic brush. I did two passes with the Gillette 190 Black Beauty adjustable razor with a Gillette Silver Blue blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Barbasol AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

8. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Menthol Monday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Proraso Pre Shave
    TSD Cool Lime
    Jayaruh #18
    Schick Adjustable
    Personna
    CWR
    Thayer's Lemon WH
    Pharaoh's Dreamsicle AS

I started off with Proraso Pre Shave. The Pharaoh's Dreamsicle Shaving Soap face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #18 silvertip badger brush. I did two passes with the Schick Adjustable Razor with a Personna blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Pharaoh's Dreamsicle AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...Today's shave was citrus heavy: lime soap, lemon WH, and orange AS.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  9. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Tuesday's Bunny Shave
    [​IMG]

Proraso Pre Shave
    Stirling Soap Co. Pharaoh's Dreamsicle
    Jayaruh #18
    Bunny, V3
    Personna
    CWR
    Thayer's Lemon WH
    Pharaoh's Dreamsicle AS

I started off with Proraso Pre Shave. The Pharaoh's Dreamsicle Shaving Soap face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #18 silvertip badger brush. I did two passes with the Bunny, V3 Razor with a Personna blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Pharaoh's Dreamsicle AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

10. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Proraso Pre Shave
    Williams
    Jayaruh #18
    Parker Variant
    Gillette Silver Blue
    CWR
    Thayer's Lemon WH
    Pharaoh's Dreamsicle AS

I started off with Proraso Pre Shave. The Williams Shaving Soap face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #18 silvertip badger brush. I did two passes with the Parker Variant Razor with a Gillette Silver Blue blade set on 5 and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Pharaoh's Dreamsicle AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  11. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Thanksgiving Shave
    [​IMG]

Proraso Pre Shave
    Jayaruh #18
    Rockwell 6C
    Gillette Silver Blue
    CWR
    Thayer's Lemon WH
    Pharaoh's Dreamsicle AS

I started off with Proraso Pre Shave. The Pharaoh's Dreamsicle Shaving Soap face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #18 silvertip badger brush. I did two passes with the Rockwell 6C Razor with the #4 plate and a Gillette Silver Blue blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Pharaoh's Dreamsicle AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

12. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Friday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Proraso Pre Shave
    Jayaruh #18
    Ming Shi
    Gillette Silver Blue
    CWR
    Thayer's Lemon WH
    Pharaoh's Dreamsicle AS

I started off with Proraso Pre Shave. The Pharaoh's Dreamsicle Shaving Soap face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #18 silvertip badger brush. I did two passes with the Ming Shi Razor with a Gillette Silver Blue blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Pharaoh's Dreamsicle AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

13. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Menthol Monday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Proraso Pre Shave
    Cremo Cooling
    Jayaruh #30
    Gillette 195 Fatboy
    Gillette Silver Blue
    CWR
    Thayer's Lemon WH
    Pinaud Clubman AS

I started off with Proraso Pre Shave. The Cremo Cooling Shaving Soap face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #30 silvertip badger brush. I did two passes with the Gillette 195 Fatboy Razor with a Gillette Silver Blue blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Pinaud Clubman AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

14. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Tuesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Proraso Pre Shave
    Colgate Shaving Mug Soap
    Jayaruh #30
    Gillette Slim
    Gillette Silver Blue
    CWR
    Thayer's Lemon WH
    Pinaud Clubman AS

I started off with Proraso Pre Shave. The Colgate Shaving Mug Soap face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #30 silvertip badger brush. I did two passes with the Gillette Slim Razor with a Gillette Silver Blue blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Pinaud Clubman AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

15. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Proraso Pre Shave
    Williams
    Jayaruh #30
    Gillette Super 84
    Gillette Silver Blue
    CWR
    Thayer's Lemon WH
    Pinaud Clubman AS

I started off with Proraso Pre Shave. The Williams Mug Shaving Soap face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #30 silvertip badger brush. I did two passes with the Gillette Super 84 Razor with a Gillette Silver Blue blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Pinaud Clubman AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

16. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Thursday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Proraso Pre Shave
    Derby Stick
    Jayaruh #30
    Gillette 109 Black Beauty
    Gillette Silver Blue
    CWR
    Thayer's Lemon WH
    Pinaud Clubman AS

I started off with Proraso Pre Shave. The Derby Stick Shaving Soap face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #30 silvertip badger brush. I did two passes with the Gillette 109 Black Beauty Razor with a Gillette Silver Blue blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Pinaud Clubman AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...