NOXZEMA....

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by rollsshaver, Jan 2, 2009.

1. rollsshaver

rollsshaver Peace be with you

Okay, for all the people who are interested in Noxzema lather shave. Here is a place to continue our discussion.

So, JoAnna. I see you sent an email to that place. What did you include in it message? I found this site that lists some info on the company. Under company description there is a link to get more contact info which lists a phone number. Maybe one of our Italian speaking members can help us out by calling and seeing what info they can attain.

http://hoovers.com/schiapparelli/--ID__93184--/free-co-factsheet.xhtml

BTW, for those who do not know, Noxzema lather shave is among the best performing shaving products.....................ever.

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Just said, "Hey do you make this anymore?".

I put the email in English and Italian.

Gotta love Google Translate. :rolleyes:

English . Italian . English
    Lather = Schiuma = Foam

So, I attached a picture, too.

Oh and rolls? Geez, I was kidding about the title of the thread.

3. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

Don't ever jest about something with Rolls if you don't want the jest to turn into reality. This one time, we were joking about tuna fish sandwiches. I found one a week later in my mailbox.

I haven't used the Noxema Lather Shave yet, Rolls (Rolls provided me with a sample of it a while back), but I'll definitely bust it out in the next couple days and possibly add my support for this depending on what me thinky of it.

4. rollsshaver

Hehe.......... I must have been stoned. Of course, the guy who won my PIF a while back got a can of fish steaks, a pencil, and a pack of Trident gum in his package (along with a bunch of shaving stuff too).

Okay, back on topic!!

I may call Giovanni later and let him know about this other company. He is Italian, and might be able to provide further details.

5. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I am waiting for someone to get a grilled cheese and ice cream sammach in the box. But back on topic.

I need a catch up here... the cream is not being made... or just not being sold in the states?

Fuzzy

6. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

mamma mia, basta, per favore!!! That's mean, Mamma Mia, that is enough, please! :happy102

7. Queen of Blades

That's what we're trying to find out.

8. burnWood

burnWood Mizzou Fan, YMMV

Thank goodness I have never tried the stuff. moi, dont ever leave me.

9. Queen of Blades

:agelic13

Never.

10. burnWood

burnWood Mizzou Fan, YMMV

:love055

11. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Ok now I understand... carry on.. that is all

Fuzzy

12. rollsshaver

To clear things up, it is speculation so far that the lather shave has again been discontinued. Giovanni over at R&B claims he has it on good authority that it has been discontinued though, and he is from Italy. My son and I have personally sent out a dozen emails, and have yet to get a reply. When I finally do get a lead on a decent quantity though, I sincerely hope that the admin. here will let me conduct a group buy (I will actually be purchasing it all up front, then redistributing it among the members here).

Oh yeah, it honestly is THAT GOOD!! This is coming from a man who has been using various creams and soaps for over a half a century. Noxzema lather shave is among the best creams ever made.

13. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

Im in! Lets pray for the best Rolls!

14. rollsshaver

Any replies from the emails yet?

15. Queen of Blades

16. paydepst

paydepst Member

Highly likely they won't either.

My reply times from Italy are intolerably slow--and that is from my suppliers! Manufacturers are worse much worse.

One thing I should add though. P&G owns the trademark and the rights to the Noxzema name and they do still manufacture a fair number of Noxzema branded products (largely for the female demographic) but they do not and have not produced for some time now the Noxzema Lather Shaving cream in the tube. That is produced under special licence by someone else. The P&G details appear on the box because they own the copyright and legally it must be on there.

I am still waiting to hear back from one supplier who supposedly has 24 tubes of this reserved for me. It has been holding since mid-December while we tried to sort some shipping issues and then the holidays hit. I know he set the product aside but I can't figure why it's taking him so long to respond but SLOOOW response times are typical for my Italian suppliers for some reason.

I haven't yet gotten confirmation this is no longer being made but the new Italian supplier that I am trying to bring on board has deleted it from their catalogue so something is going on I just don't know what.

17. Queen of Blades

That's fine. They either answer or they don't. No harm in waiting.

I've also found this to be only too true.

Exactly. My email didn't go to P&G. I believe rolls did send some emails to P&G, though.

Sounds like the exact same supplier who told me the cream was discontinued.

18. paydepst

paydepst Member

I think the only reason that Noxzema was produced in Italy after it suffered its stateside demise was due to a stubbornly loyal contingent of wetshavers that resided there. I guess some of those old timers are dying off now and the demand is reducing.

If I get a chance this week I will make some calls over there. If worse comes to worse I guess I could roll Superlather 1 out of the hanger and pop over to Italy.

19. Queen of Blades

I think it's odd that the package is in English. :signs002

20. rollsshaver

My boy posted about this over R&B. To read what Gio had to say, click on this link, go to the bottom, and read up the page.

http://members.boardhost.com/razorandbrush/msg/1230935254.html

I do not understand why it is so hard to find out who is actually making this damn cream. If P&G is contracting it out to another company, who is the company?