October 2021 30 Day Rule/Focus & Discussion. All are welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Sep 30, 2021.

?

What is your most challenging part of shaving?

1. Making a great lather

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. Choosing the right blade and razor for my beard growth

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. Try to pick the right aftershave

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. I do not have any challenges

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. Other (technique or issue)

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  6. Not picking the Veg

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  7. Waking Up

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  8. Listening to Brian Adams' "Cuts like a Knife"

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  9. It just feels so right

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  10. Long Polls

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Terrific shave, Joe.

JACarbone and brit like this.
  2. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. brit

brit in a box

thank you Joe.:):eatdrink047:

Trigger and JACarbone like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

thank you Chris,yourself as well..:):eatdrink047:

Trigger and JACarbone like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

fabulous shaves and pics gentlemen..:cool::happy096:

Trigger, JACarbone and palmolive fox like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

the weekender
    brit valet vc3 short handle
    feather
    simpson
    trumper's sandalwood
    tobs a/s & cologne

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hello gents
    wouldn't be OCtober without a brit valet shave.
    slow and smooth 2 passer in the usual manner.
    went with the trumpers sandalwood cream as i find it a touch slicker than tobs version.
    lovely lather built with the mighty simpson commodore.
    tobs a/s and cologne to finish.

awesome..:cool:

the hardware

20211030_103745_edited1.jpg

have a fine day everyone
    :eatdrink047:

palmolive fox, Trigger and JACarbone like this.
  7. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

:signs001:Gary. :cool:

JACarbone, Trigger and brit like this.
  8. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Wonderful shave Barry

Trigger and palmolive fox like this.
  9. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Joe

Trigger likes this.
  10. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Gary. :eatdrink047:

brit and Trigger like this.
  11. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Super duper Gary.

12. palmolive fox

:signs001:Joe.. I look forward to the 'focus month'..reaquainting myself with the Parker 89r in that time will improve my traditional wet shaving passion multitude. :happy088:

Paul Turner, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  13. Trigger

High class shave, Gary!

brit likes this.
  14. palmolive fox

31st October 2021.

2.jpg

Shaving Recipe For today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    FatFace Ocean Escape Soap Bar.
    Brush: Chinese Unbranded Horsehair.
    Bowl Lather.
    Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
    Lather: Palmolive Classic Shave Cream.
    Blade: Willy's Premium.(D2)
    Razor: Parker 98r.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Brut Attraction Totale ASL./Cien Sensitive ASB.

Greetings,

A relaxing Halloween Sunday morning shave.

Since i was kid, Halloween night has always been something i've looked forward to having the usual mass visiting Trick-orTreating presence from Wolverines, Michael Myers, Witches, Werewolfs, Mother-In Laws, Zombies, Vampires, Frankensteins, Mummys & Daddys, Beatlejuices, Batmans, Batwomen, Jokers, Freddy Kruegers,Chuckys,Jason Voorhees knocking on the door queuing up for the boat load of goodies people normally have for them around the world to mark this 'spooky Halloween Trick-or Treating event'.

As like last year with the Covid-19 pandemic I've had to modify the normal Trick-or Treating activities for this evening and will be leaving some spooky goodies near the front door for the usual Halloween suspects to share & enjoy.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of Cien Sensitive ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your 'Spooky Halloween Sunday' ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

brit, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  15. Trigger

Super Sunday shave, Barry! You definitely primed the pump for your focus next month! Enjoy the rest of your day!

palmolive fox and JACarbone like this.
  16. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Today's shave had an "issue", but it could have been worse. A cut at the left sideburn area. Looked scary at first, but after tending to it, it now looks OK. 0:40 at the loading dock for the Razorock Gold onto the Stoylin Pro-Handle(my biggest Stoylin brush). 2 passes. The cut happened during the first one. Thankfully I was able to proceed through the rest of the shave without being bothered by it. Both ends of Porcupine Alley look great. Some "whisker-chipping" was necessary at the jawline(border of Porcupine Alley and Cactus Nation). This one gets a Very Excellent..could have been much higher without the nasty cut. Have a great Halloween everyone :eek::eek:

brit, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  17. Trigger

Oct 31. SOTD

Good mornimg everyone!

Shavette Shave #318
    Dovo Shavette
    Personna Hairshaper Blade (6)
    Hembree/Maggard Synthetic Brush
    Music City Suds Lavender SS and AS
    Maggard's Alum Block
    Dickinson's WH
    Whiskers: 48 hrs

20211027_212624.jpg
    *Please note that I reused this picture from a previous shave*

Well, this is the last shave of this month. It is my 6th consecutive shave with my Dovo shavette and every one were great shaves. I am glad that I ended the month with a mini focus.
    Danny's brush always whips up a great lather. I kept the brush moist to get a frothy lather to use as a preshave during the initial lathering process. I continued to go back and forth to get more soap from the puck to facelather a few times until I got a well hydrated, creamy, slick lather. The scent on the soap was just awesome. I am glad I bought the last 2 pucks and aftershaves because they are unobtainable.
    I did my first pass WTG and I could have stopped the shave right there. This Personna blade had 5 prior shaves on it and it still mowed my 48 hr stubble like it was nothing. I am impressed that these hairshaper blades are still sharp after six shaves. Did a warm water rinse to get the remaining soap and slickness off my face. Using cold water, I used the alum block to close the pores as well as provide antiseptic properties to my face. I received very little feedback from the alum which affirms that my BBS shave was very comfortable. There were no errors of any kind so that added to the joy of this shave. Finished my postshave ritual with the Dickinson's wh and the final generous application of the matching scent.
    Under my old grading system the shave would be a 99.5 / A+.
    As an aside, I just want to thank you guys for your support to me and this thread. It was my first month being the guardian of this thread and it was an initial rough start because I was sick the first week and a half of being the overseer.
    My goal for the upcoming year is to bring this thread back having more people knowing and participating in this thread. I know it is a big challenge but with your help and support, I know that it will be done. Let's have a great November!
    Have a great day!

brit, JACarbone and Paul Turner like this.
  18. Trigger

Despite the cut, it was a nice shave, Paul.
    I want to make a suggestion. I think it is very important that you tell us why you think you got the cut. Was it too much pressure? Was it that you landed the razor lopsided on your face so that the corner of the blade dug into your face? Was it that you didn't have enough hydration to provide adequate slickness for the razor to glide easily. Was it a blade that saw better days and you tried to get an extra shave from it instead of using a new blade? I think it is important for you to assess why you make these errors in order for you to be a better shaver and to share your thoughts as to why you cut yourself. This thread is to help other shavers to become more proficient with their shaving tools and if all of us comment as to why we erred instead of just saying we erred, then I believe this thread will thrive again when more people sign on and see some thought provoking comments.
    These suggestions are not only for you, but for each and every 30 day crew member. Of course, I am included. Have a good day, Paul!

JACarbone and Paul Turner like this.
  19. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Well said, Joe. I believe too much pressure caused it, but an incorrect angle may have also been an issue. For November, a big focus for me is to make a habit of lifting my glasses up so as to give the blade enough open "air" to do its work at the sideburns. . I realized a little too late today that I forgot to do that on the left side, and I may have tried to "save" myself by lifting them up while shaving the area at the same time. One thing at a time is what I could well have learned here.

JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  20. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

55F8A1C1-E476-4CDD-8063-C0C52FEDB000.jpeg

Razor: Merkur 37c Slant
    Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
    Brush: Skully
    Lather: Stirling Pharaoh's Dreamsicle
    Aftershave: Stirling Pharaoh Dreamsicle
    Additional Care:
    Nivea Cool Balm
    Stirling Alum Block
    Thayer’s Witch Hazel - Original
    Stirling Pharaohs Dreamsicle EdT

Pre Halloween Bronx Zoo- Boo at the Zoo Shave.
    Stirling’s PD was my first ever Stirling soaps and remains one of my favorites. The soap coupled with my first modern DE, the Merkur 37c which has been in the den since around 1995, delivered a BBS shave. The splash and EdT have me smelling good with frequent whiffs of the scent as I roam around the zoo. Of course we will be home I. Time for Anthony to head out to get his cache of candy .

Hope you all have an enjoyable Halloween gentlemen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.