Ogallala Bay rum Soaps

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by seamus402, Oct 10, 2007.

1. seamus402

seamus402 You don't mess with Big Slim

Folks - What a nice day. I met John Marquis for lunch in Ogallala, NE. What a nice gentleman. We spoke in detail for over an hour about his products and internet marketing. It was fascinating to hear about his quest for that "Old Style" Bay Rum and all the variations he went through to come up with his current blend and what IMHO, is the best Bay Rum on the market.

We also spoke in detail about his old formulation soaps ( super slick but lacking lather - his words) and the new formulation soaps (slick and lots of lather). In reading other threads here, I see thats seems to be the opinion of the members. He gave me some great samples and even provided me with a yet to be released Cologne (yummy) and I cannot wait to use the Cologne and soap tomorrow in the AM.

Again, IMHO, this man is dedicated to bringing the finest Bay Rum products and they would be a great addition to any shave locker that wants a great Bay Rum. I will review in a few days after I spend some time with the products.

2. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    John is a really nice guy, i've shared several really nice conversations with him.

He makes the bay rum colognes and aftershaves sold at our store, tell him I said hi if ya remember.

3. seamus402

Actually he spoke very well of the guys here at The Shave Den and that he was involved with the Shave Dens BR Colognes. An all around nice fella!

4. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

I like their Bay Rum w/Sage bath soap.

5. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Not sure if this is just a typo or what, :( but all the soaps TSD sells are made by me. With no outside assistance, other than testers.

6. seamus402

Typo - I meant Cologne - sorry

7. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I figured. :o

It's ok, just didn't want mis-information floating around.

8. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    Ogallala produces the bay rum colognes, and aftershave.

I will say the bay rum scent in our soaps/creams, is very similar, but not affiliated.

9. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

The TSD bay rum soap, is the nicest of ALL the bay rum scented soaps I ever had in my whole life, and I'm not just saying it. I tried a lot, and this is a REAL bay rum, nothing artificial.

10. seamus402

I should try it.

11. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

This may call for a re-evaluation. I used up all my old formula Ogallala shave soaps as bath soaps or in combination with something else.

12. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Jim, sorry for a late answer, but yes, you should try that soap, and believe me, you'll love it like crazy! ;) :D