oh my god

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by gatto, Dec 11, 2008.

1. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

I wouldnt be supprised if it was the truth. The razor bumps that some of these kids have on their necks and faces makes them look like they were attacked by a weed wacker. I dont know what the college kids are shaving with to make them selves look like that. Its pretty horrible. It looks like bad cases of acne that they just sit there and scratch all day.

2. SlagleRock

SlagleRock Member

5 years? I don't buy it. The most I've ever gotten out of a cartridge is about 5 days, days, not years!

That's insane.

3. stolenmirth

stolenmirth New Member

:happy102 Impossible. He's got to be pulling your leg. Seriously. There's no way a cartridge would be anything close to usable after that long. If he really convinced you that he's been using the same cartridge for 5 years(?!?!?!), then he's just a good actor. God I can't even imagine how bad a cartridge would be after 1 year, let alone 5!!! :eek:

4. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

Agreed. I've seen some pretty horrible razor bumps, burns, and other irritation caused from improper shaving. It seems to me that a lot of kids need some instructing.

To be fair to the college kids, a friend of mine that's almost 40 has the same problem. He always has irritation on his neck from shaving. I keep trying to show him the light, but he always rejects my offers.

5. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

Not this guy, I've known him too long. He is good at BSing but I am completely positive that he really thought you don't change it.

6. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Dat boy, I say, dat boy is a few cards short of a full deck.

7. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

Maybe you should suggest he take a chainsaw to his face.

8. Crag

Crag Member

Maybe he was using this! :o

9. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

:happy102

10. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

Wow. That's awful. And it's $20, too.

11. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Whoa. And here I thought those cartridges went bad because they're flimsy and made of cheap materials. All I needed was to stick the Mach3 next to a refridgerator magnet, and I'd have been all set. Well that's it. The DE is going to the trash. Fusion here I come.....

...on second thought, naaaa.

12. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

no never question yourself! you definitely had the right idea

13. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

I agree.

Mail all of your shaving supplies to me. Stick with a Mach 3 and canned goo.

14. Peders

Peders Member

Umm just thought about what will happen when he tries out a new blade:scared001

15. Ramaniac

Ramaniac Member

Back in my Mach 3 days (three months ago) I used to just splash water up and scrrreeetch. Makes me shudder. When I found BadgerandBlade I was really ready to give up the Gillette goo in a can.

But 5 years, no way.

16. bravefish

bravefish Member

That's just crazy..

17. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

Sometimes, I shave with broken glass bottles.

18. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I shaved with nothing more than water and a Mach3 for years. Hear about DE wet shaving about a year ago. Purchased a VDH boar and VDH Glycerin about 4-1/2 months ago. Started with my grandfather's old DE about 3-1/2 months ago. Now I shave daily instead of 2-3 times per week and enjoy shaving instead of dread it. Plus I have a small but growing collection of supplies.

19. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

I prefer the horns of freshly slain unicorns...

20. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

you can't shave with those! Rolls and I made brushes out of all the horns