Old Spice Soap on a rope without the rope

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by John Beeman, Jun 21, 2015.

1. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I've got a lot of Old Spice products.
    Aftershave and cologne in both new and old formulas
    Shaving cream in a tube
    Shaving soap in a mug
    Deodorant
    and now.... soap on a rope without the rope.

june17.jpg

Previously what I'd done is take some Old Spice aftershave and add a little bit to some unscented body wash to create an Old Spice scented soap for the shower.
    A week or so back I saw this Old Spice bar soap (soap on a rope without the rope) and so I gleefully ordered some only to find out it doesn't smell like Old Spice.
    I feel kinda dumb. Shouldn't Old Spice soap smell like Old Spice? It doesn't say on the box that it's a different flavor. I've got Old Spice Lime and Musk products and the containers are clearly marked.
    Just curious if anyone is familiar with this product who might know why my Old Spice soap doesn't smell like Old Spice.

GDCarrington and Mr. Shaverman like this.
  2. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

no I don't know why, but it's good to see your icon, I was wondering where you had gone.

GDCarrington likes this.
  3. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

mandatory overtime since the first of the year

4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Old Spice without the scent. That is a bummer.
    Welcome back John.

GDCarrington likes this.
  5. cpgrad08

cpgrad08 Member

I use the same soap everyday.

GDCarrington likes this.
  6. wmbjr

wmbjr Duck, duck, cooked goose!

That is a huge let down because I was looking forward to getting soap that smelled like Old Spice. I have used several Old Spice body washes but nothing really comes close to the original scent. I like the idea of combining AS with unscented body wash. Will have to do that one sometime!

GDCarrington likes this.
  7. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Glad to see you back and understand. I may be going on mandatory overtime in the next month or so.

8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

In my teens, I used Old Spice ON a rope, but now that I look back, I never knew for sure if it was a DEODORANT soap.

9. barbersurgeon

barbersurgeon Well-Known Member

I'm sure that one of the vendors here could produce a bar soap with the old spice blend for you.

Or if you need another hobby, melt and pour soap making doesn't look too difficult. If you have the time and desire.

John Beeman likes this.
  10. SuperChris

SuperChris Member

Have you checked the bay for any vintage Old Spice soap? I've seen it on there from time to time. The soap pictured looks like the "pure sport" soap Old Spice makes. Also you may want to try Old Spice classic body wash. It doesn't smell exactly like the Shulton Old Spice but its pretty good.

John Beeman likes this.
  11. Justin Linker

Justin Linker Wetshaving belieber

Is this the High Endurance version, OP?

12. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

well, sports events have mandatory overtimes these days