Old spice whitewater review

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by matthewoli98, Mar 16, 2019.

1. matthewoli98

matthewoli98 Well-Known Member

Old spice whitewater is a great attempt by old spice to attract younger consumer's to using the brand, and in that regard its a huge success. This aftershave has been discontinued in the US, but is still readily available in South Africa and in a few European countries.

It has a very clean sporty scent, the deodorant version is one of my go to scents, and as an aftershave it certainly doesnt fail to disappoint either.

It comes in the classic old spice bottle with the extra "whitewater" being added on the bottle, and is definitely quickly becoming one of my every day use aftershaves along with the classic brut.

Scent:8/10, a great "aqua" scent, very sporty and fresh, not something your grandfather would have worn but definitely miles better than some modern aftershaves which are too sweet smelling for my taste, even though modern aftershaves are often aimed at a younger audience which i fall under.

Price7/10: i know old spice is cheap, but I can almost get two bottles of brut for the same price, and almost the larger bottle of clubman which will be my next aftershave I'll buy.

Would i buy it again?: If it wasnt for the social media and social justice rants old spices parent company, proctor and gamble often go on, the answer would absolutely be yes. After buying a bottle of old spice original I'll unfortunately have to look for alternatives.[​IMG]

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  2. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

About 10-15 years ago O.S. put out an alternate version...the name escapes me but it was two words...it was one of the best colognes I've ever sampled. Bluish but more woody than aqueous/watery. Excellent stuff. Wish I could recall the name!

brit and johnnyflake like this.
  3. matthewoli98

Could it be aqua reef?

brit and johnnyflake like this.
  4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Smooth Blast, that was it. Fantastic while it lasted. Will sample the Whitewater when I come across it.

Ijustmissedthe50s, RyX, brit and 3 others like this.
  5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Was it a cologne only, or aftershave/cologne?

brit likes this.
  6. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Aftershave, I think. It was unique, really well done.

Paul Turner, brit and AGHisBBS like this.
  7. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

8. John Beeman

Pure Sport is a decent scent as well

IMG_0901.jpg

9. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    What does that mean, Matthew?

10. John Beeman

I don’t use social media (except for this fine forum) but I have become aware that Gillette recently created some controversial advertisements that garnered a bit of attention.

gorgo2, matthewoli98 and RyX like this.
  11. matthewoli98

Havent you seen the recent gillette advert? It caused a huge amount of controversy.

Personally, i dont like a razor company trying to make me feel guilty for being a man, even if i agree on principal with the message of the advert.

As a result, i wont be buying gillette blades or Proctor and gamble products even though their 7 oclock sharp edges are my favourites.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    Frijolero likes this.
  12. matthewoli98

Yep, thats the advert im refering to.

13. matthewoli98

That's the bottle from the 90s, they've since gone back to the white classic bottle, at least for the scents you find over here.

John Beeman likes this.
  14. matthewoli98

Man thats a great looking bottle!

brit and John Beeman like this.