Old Spice

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by jbcohen, Aug 28, 2007.

1. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

My pop has a 60s old spice bowl that he laments he can no longer get the soap for. His birthday is coming up and it would make a great gift if I could get a hold of shave soap, while not necessarily old spice brand, a shave soap that is made to the dimensions of the old spcie brand soap. Any ideas of where to find such a beast?

2. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

Get it from Sue at www.bear-haven.com. She has an Aged Spice-Old Spice Type shaving soap which is like Old Spice. Good stuff too.

3. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Don't see it, what is the term that Mama Bear uses on her web site for the product?

4. herzi

herzi Active Member

"Aged Spice". Look at the "Famous Men's Cologne Knock-offs" section

5. Will

Will Nevermind

Then all you have to do it take it out of the container, put it in your Dads mug, stick it in the microwave for about 10-20 seconds, let it cool off then it will mold right to the mug.

6. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

I see it, this is a cologne. How about a soap? Do they have a knock off of the old spice soap? Don't see anything in the soap section.

7. Will

Will Nevermind

You are not looking hard enough. :rofl

http://www.bear-haven.com/Page3.html

Aged Spice
    Our unmistakably masculine scent interpretation of the classic fragrance, I have been told this smells like the origional version.

$6.99

8. Sledge

Sledge New Member

considering that mama bears (and most other soaps) are only 3.5 ounces, you might want to make 2 bars to get it to fit right... im not sure about the size of the old spice bowls, but ones ive seen were rather big... so it might take a few to fill it up... maybe? lol i dont know... also, is the original old spice white? or amber colored? im not sure how mama bears makes hers... but, you could probably do some research on what it looked like, and if hers isnt white, and the original is... maybe for a few extra bucks she can make you a setup to replicate the exact same soap... doing it this way, he may never actually know the difference... and considering what ive seen and heard about mama bears, he might even consider it an improvement :D

9. xChris

xChris Member

Another suggestion would be HB Sue. She has an "Old Spice" scented soap, and I believe her soaps are molded to fit into the mug you're describing.

Heck, you might even be able to snag some vintage Old Spice soap off of the bay to give him the "authentic" stuff.

10. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Honey Bee Sue does have an "Old Spice." Mama Bear has "Aged Spice." I have them both.

Edit: There is also the Old Spice Shave Cream on our store. I haven't tried it yet. Sorry about that. :signs140

11. Will

Will Nevermind

How about not LOW BALLING us on the comparison. ;)