Olifactory Obsessions

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by mwleach58, Aug 15, 2011.

1. mwleach58

mwleach58 Active Member

I must say that, when reading through this board, and the "other" place, there are an unusually large number of references to various products smelling like toilet pucks, or urinal pucks. I can only conclude that there must be a great many of you out there who spend a significant amount of time bent over, with your schnozzola buried deep within the dank recesses of the porcelain potty or pisser, sampling its fragrance.

"I say, old chap, I do believe that this soap has the bouquet of a vintage Lysol porcelain puck!"
    "Ah, my dear fellow, I do believe you are quite correct, but, which variety? Blue or Red?"

Sodapopjones likes this.
  2. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Yessir. I would have to say that they are the blue pucks... The pink/red ones scent isn't as strong as the blue... or at least in my mind they are not.

I try not to get my nose too close. Do not want to... :think002: ya know.

The scent is just a clean crisp scent of cleaner. Usually I don't mind but if i feel like I might as well be shaving with a blue pee puck I will not use it... Cough Proraso green tub :). I just don't like the scent. However others say other soaps/creams smell like it I do not notice... I think it is just personal preference. Also going camping often makes the scent of a outhouse clear in my mind :) haha.

3. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

A common place where you can catch that scent is now gone, but the bathrooms in Vet stadium were pretty rank. It is not a subtle scent that needs to be continually experienced. A few strong shots of it are enough to burn it into your memory.

stingraysrock likes this.
  4. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Perhaps someone on one of the forums has a commode fixation and the rest is groupthink? I have used a variety of soaps and never once smelled any that even remotely resembled a toilet puck. A product thus scented would be unlikely to sell very well.

5. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

I dunno why but that made my night. :rofl:

6. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I can't really give a honest reflection, as its been so long since I've actually lathered up a urinal puck and shaved with it....Seems to me the pink ones smelled better but the blue ones gave better lubrication...Course thats subject to how long its been used for it's intended purpose..LOL

7. mwleach58

mwleach58 Active Member

I also understand that many people are in the practice of either grating or melting the pucks in order to re-form them into a stick shape. Apparently it's more convenient for travel purposes...