Omega 13109 Pure/Black Badger Brush - Very nice, I like!

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by GeneralKinetics, Jul 2, 2015.

1. GeneralKinetics

GeneralKinetics Well-Known Member

11702693_10155767348445504_4099259655182260561_n.jpg I received an Omega 13109 from a chap on one of the Facebook B/S/T groups for $20 shipped. I couldn't resist since I haven't had a pure badger brush since I started shaving with the Escali and knew that a better brand like Omega would be a quality piece.

I don't know how much that guy used it before me, but it is a very nice brush.

-Plenty of backbone(more than my TGN Finest)
    -Scrubby and a bit scritchy, but not prickly enough to irritate(I have sensitive skin), even after using it to wash my face after work when I shaved at 6 am that day.
    -Worked fantastically with a soap that is super finicky with wanting a certain brush to work well with it.

Doryferon likes this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
  3. Doryferon

Doryferon Well-Known Member

NOW we are talking for a brush !
    I have this brush in my sights,soon or latter i will buy it especially after these "magic" words.

;)

4. GeneralKinetics

It definitely doesn't feel as "luxurious" and "soft" as a higher grade brush, but it does face lather beautifully and has a bit of scritch, but not irritating. My TGN Finest has less backbone, and softer, hooked tips, but is a good face latherer as well. You can definitely tell the tradeoffs in the characteristics of the brushes. I've loved every shave with the Omega Pure/Black Badger brush.

5. Doryferon

Doryferon Well-Known Member

Soft "luxury" silvertips don't suits to me
    I use them only in my Saturday shaving which i like it "easy".
    When i want a real face massage Black badgers-Boars are my favourite choices.

6. GeneralKinetics

For sure. I have 3 Omegas: This Black Badger, the Banded Boar, and the Omega 98 Pro Boar. The Banded boar is silky soft and has great backbone, I would highly recommend it for whatever $10-$15 that most go for. The Omega 98 Pro boar is more scrubby and just a huge monster. I feel like my skin does better after a scrubbier shave. I used my Plisson for the first time in a few months yesterday morning, after waking up late and not getting a brush soaking while in the shower, and I got a couple random ingrown hairs that I immediately pulled out after the shave. Always happens with the Plisson. It never feels like it stands my hair up enough or something. I don't know.