One to watch - razor that uses Feather-Pro blades

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Infotech, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Infotech

Infotech Active Member

http://scourmanop.wordpress.com/2008/12/05/privileged-shaver/

I don't know how many of you read blogs, or this blog for that matter, so I thought I'd post a link. This is a razor that might have gotten it's inspiration from the Featherjecter. I never tried one because it seemed like too much hassle, but if this works I might give it a try.

2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I for one will be watching this. Thank You

Fuzzy

3. riffin

riffin Active Member

Very cool. Next, an adjustable! :laugh042

4. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

thats pretty cool looking.

5. Truckman

Truckman New Member

Don't like the looks, but I like the concept.

6. alabamalawyer

alabamalawyer Member

Interesting . . . thanks for the link.

7. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

Can't wait to see some reviews on this. Looks promising.

8. Infotech

Infotech Active Member

He's posted quite a few opinions on it already. Go to the main page of the site: http://scourmanop.wordpress.com/

Sounds pretty rough. He says its like using a straight razor with a DE handle.

9. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

Hhmm... I think I'll wait. Sounds a wee bit too agressive for my taste.

10. texquill

texquill Member

I'm totally intrigued. My biggest problem with trying it is that, if I like it, what do I do with the 700+ Feather DEs that I have in my stash ?:D

11. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

I'll take em'

12. texquill

texquill Member

I bought one of the Single Edge Feather razors!

After reading the blog about the Classic Shaving razor that uses the Feather Professional blades, I just couldn't resist. I emailed Classic Shaving and found that they "just happen" to have one that they could sell me.

Stay tuned - if I survive the first few shaves, I'll do a review. If I stop posting to TSD, the odds are that I wasn't able to get a tourniquet around my neck quickly enough (or maybe that I tied the tourniquet too tight).

13. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

I have to say this interests me as well. It is not the heaviest razor I would own (as far as I know, I own the heaviest and largest DE in THE WORLD!!! MWAHAHA), but it would certainly be the most interesting.

I'd love to hear more feedback about this one.

14. Infotech

Infotech Active Member

15. JimR

JimR Active Member

Well, I emailed Will at Classicshaving. The razor is available now, though it hasn't made it on the site yet.

It's not cheap....but then, it's a custom made razor, no one would expect it to be, would they?

If I were a rich man, biddy biddy biddy biddy bum...

16. texquill

texquill Member

Long Suffering Wife (AKA my Immediate Supervisor) decided that my Christmas bounty will include the new razor.

The package arrived yesterday, but, so far, I haven't been able to convince her that I need to break it in before Christmas!

More info to follow, once I get permission to use it.

17. texquill

texquill Member

Report On The New Classic Shaving / Feather Pro De Razor

Christmas morning came, and so did permission to use the much-anticipated razor!

I had some concerns regarding what I had read about the agressiveness of the Feather Professional blades that ClassicShaving included with the razor; so, during the several day run-up to Christmas, I posted around asking if anyone could sell or contribute a couple of Feather ProGuard blades. A fellow North Texan on the ShaveMyFace board, Coche_y_bondhu, generously contributed 4 ProGuards to the cause.

I have now shaved twice with the new razor. Since my "go-to" DE is a Mercur Slant 37C with Feather blades, I had no trouble remembering to use a gentle stroke and letting the razor do all the work.

I used my normal combination of B&B 2006 Finest Silvertip brush and Haslinger Sandalwood shaving soap.

I used the ProGuard blade.

My first impression? "Darn, that's loud!" The sound of the razor against the beard is many times noisier than it is with a "normal" DE shave.

The results? Excellent!

I used two passes - First, with the grain, and second across the grain. There just wasn't any beard left to require a third pass.

My second shave, 24 hours later, was also successful. There seemed to be a little less stubble when I started - I'm not sure whether this is a result of a closer shave on Christmas (likely) or wishfiul thinkng (equally likely).

Cuts, scrapes, nicks, etc.? None (so far) - and yes, I'm knocking on wood as I report this!

Is the razor worth $125 (including 20 Feather Professionals and a blade bank)? Tough call. To me it's worth the money (remember, it was a Christmas present, so I probably "gave up" 4-5 neckties that I'd never wear). Other folks might not be as enthralled with the new technology as I am.

18. joseywales

joseywales Member

I'm confused. Are you talking about the Artis Club Series from Feather?

19. You should put this in review section. - Thanks for the update

20. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

Follow the link above. This is an injector style razor that used feather disposable straight razor blades. It's called the Godzilla razor on the website.