One Year In, How did this Happen????

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by barbersurgeon, Aug 12, 2016.

1. barbersurgeon

barbersurgeon Well-Known Member

Hello fellow Denziens!

It's been a year since I signed up here. I have had a great time spending hours on the forum since. I got my first DE razor last June, my first brush and soap last august. Sometime between then and now things apparently got out of control:

[​IMG]

There should be some kind of warning label on this forum, lol.

To honor the one year mark I shaved with my Parker 99R, Astra SP blade, Semogue Brush, and TSD London Type Soap. This was my first complete wet shaving kit. Still loving that combo, BTW.

In addition, I have gifted two DE setups to a pair of old friends. I just gave my (separated) wife an Amber handle G type injector and a Knack DE with soap, brush, etc for her birthday. One of the Hydro-Matics will be leaving shortly as gift too. The Two Black handle Super Speeds (Top row, left) most likely will go to my nephews when they have need for them. (The other one is my birth quarter marked, and is a keeper.)

Three of the straights are in need of sharpening. The SR lower right was re-scaled and sharpened by @HolyRollah. I'm slowly learning to use it, but it sure is purty now!

Also in this year I have been fortunate enough to have won two TSD raffles. One was a Schick Krona, which I like very much but doesnt seem to get as much play time as it deserves. (It's between the Slim and the Aristocrat lower row.) The other was the Old Spice Telescope Decanter, thanks @Omaney for donating both of those prizes for the February and June raffles.

And one very Nice PIF of Sterling MITA, which is pictured above. Thanks again to @PickledNorthern .

Sometime along the way, I picked up a very nice brush from this fellow @Jayaruh !

Anyway that's a quick recap of a year in the life. I hope every one has a great summer, and wishing you great shaves!

:)

2. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

A bountiful year! Keep this up and you'll need to enlarge your living space! :happy088::D

barbersurgeon likes this.
  3. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Nice collection! Imagine what the second year will bring!

4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I see hunting themed Avons. What they loaded with?

5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I am happy to be a part of your journey.
    zenablers.PNG

Jim99 and barbersurgeon like this.
  6. barbersurgeon

I think Deep Woods, Spicy, Blend7 and Wild Country?

The Quail is Blend7, and I use it once or twice a week.

gorgo2 likes this.
  7. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Well, it looks like you're off to a decent start.
    I'd suggest a cabinet that will hold about four times what you've got in your photo and that should be enough space for the next 18 months or so.

8. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Nice travel kit. Wait until the real collecting starts to kick in.

9. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

I'm a year in too, but I like to hide my stuff from the Mrs. and I'm a pretty poor photographer:(.

10. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Dont be sad I am sure your will acquire more in your 2nd year. :)

John Beeman and barbersurgeon like this.
  11. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Nothing exceeds like excess! :happy036:

12. barbersurgeon

Would like to have two more of the SR's shave ready. Not sure about the third, although it is probably serviceable.

Also a proper strop is on the list.

Need to purge several of the DE's that are not in rotation or to be gifted out. I have a hard time parting with the injectors, though. The blue handle G would be enough in reality, but I like having choices!

alpla444 likes this.
  13. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

You got it worse than I do...
    [​IMG]
    I've bought 38 razors and around 1400 blades since I joined last November.

alpla444 likes this.
  14. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

I am also looking to reduce my stock a couple of SE razors and straights need to go as I dont use my SE's and I have too many straights.