Oneblade

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by billdog2, Aug 15, 2018.

1. billdog2

billdog2 Well-Known Member

I clicked one OneBlade and by mistake, got Norelco OneBlade. So, out of curiosity, watched a couple videos of it. `Very interesting`, as Sergeant Shultz would say. Does anyone know anything about the silly looking thing?

Bill

2. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

Yeah, it's crap.

3. billdog2

Yeah, I think you`re right, I did a lot of research almost all morning and had just about decided to forget it, thank you for nailing it for me. God Bless and great shaves, Bill

4. BigMark83

You're welcome brother. My younger brother tried and hated it. I tried it and felt the same way.

5. billdog2

I have a Braun electric shaver that I use exclusively on my head. I would use a blade, but too many bumps.

6. BigMark83

I can see that being an issue. I'm only 34, so "hopefully" I've got a few decades. I love using a DE on my head.

7. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

Just use one of those fancy head shavers with wheels, should smooth everything out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. BigMark83

Those are crap. I've got no issue using a DE up top.

9. billdog2

Can you call something `crap` if it isn't right for you even if cost a lot? I have such an animal, it is called OneBlade Core. I`m going to try 1 more time to make it work. Too spendy to PIF, guess maybe the TSD market. I don`t know, Bill

10. BigMark83

I suppose. I'd say you just didn't get along with it. I've got razors like that myself. The RazoRock mamba is one.

SevenEighth likes this.
  11. billdog2

I have several razors that don`t pivot, so when I feel the tremors are real quiet, I`ll try one, most usually get a decent shave. For some reason or other I NEED a good DE blade on my face, Bill

12. SevenEighth

SevenEighth Well-Known Member

I was exactly the same with the Razorock Mamba. Only razor that ever gave me serious burn. Then I read about the trick of loosening the head by a quarter turn. It shaves ok like that now. Not the greatest razor but finally useable.

13. BigMark83

I never got burn with it, but I never got an acceptable shave, and I used a Feather in it.

14. Dan The Man

Dan The Man New Member

Sorry for the necropost but I searched One Blade before posting. I've had one for about 6 months now. It's a decent little razor. It does a fine job on my cheeks. I can get away with not using a manual razor most days with this. The neck is another story I've still got to go over it with a regular razor.

Does anyone use the One Blade as their only face shaver? The blade refills are ridiculously priced that's the only thing that turns me off about it.

15. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I find it laughably ironic that I can't tell if you are talking about the Phillips Norelco OneBlade or the One Blade razor. The things you've said could apply to either razor.

I also find your references to a "manual razor" and a "regular razor" as though these are two different things to be confusing as well.

A little clarification, please.

16. Dan The Man

Dan The Man New Member

Guess the marketing geniuses don't look around to see if the name has already been taken. I meant the Norelco OneBlade. Manual and regular razor were meant interchangeable as in a regular safety razor most people use to shave with.

Edison Carter and PLANofMAN like this.
  17. Leo501

Leo501 Well-Known Member

True. I was looking for info on the "new" OneBlade (Genesis, Core, etc) and what popped up first was Norelco's razor. Unnecessarily confusing.

Dan The Man and PLANofMAN like this.
  18. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

I have a Oneblade Core and really enjoy it, very easy to use and I receive very good shaves IMO. The weakness is the expensive FHS-10 blades that are only good for a couple of shaves. I modified my Gem blades to get around the Feather blades and to be honest they are better for longevity because I have used Gem blades for some time. Not every one will modify blades. Right now Oneblade has a sale on for FHS-10 blades buy 30 and get 30 free and that is a good deal for that blade.
    Oneblade Core gives me a shave range CCS,DFS,BBs range with usually no irritation or weepers and is a single edge to reduce ingrown hairs if that is a issue for some. The Core is on sale for 19.95 at the moment ,comes with stand and a packet of 10 blades and for me it is worth it. Folks might not like it because you have to shave a little differently then a standard DE or SE razor, I found do some dry runs and apply a little pressure(a Taboo for some) and it is hard to cut your self. I found you do a 3 pass shave and results are very Stellar.
    One blade 1 (2).jpg
    Have some great shaves!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  19. Leo501

Leo501 Well-Known Member

I bought it at the sale price you mention, and really enjoy the smoothness of the pivoting head and how safe it feels- no weepers or irritation at all. One downside for me is that I find it difficult to properly clean up above my lip area due to the bulky feeling of the top. So far I find that it's not giving me a BBS no matter what soap I use and despite 2-3 passes, but I'm still getting a feel for it and hope that changes.

Edison Carter likes this.
  20. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    It's a boneheaded move on both companies's part. A google search for 'one blade razor' pops up lots of responses, not all related to either razor. From a marketing and SEO standpoint, the names are a total flop.