Opinions on Truefitt and Hill No10

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Regan, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

I was just searching the Truefitt and Hill website and just saw their No.10 line of products. They are less expensive than the other creams and such. I was wondering if anybody has tried this and their thoughts about it?

Any ideas, i love their 1805 cream the scent is light and great. I want to try the No. 10 but they say it has different ingredients.

It might be more of a introductory cream to luxury. For 200ml/6.7oz for 20 bucks a tub it is 10 dollars or so less than their original line.

I was wondering what you guys and gals thoughts are on this cream and or line of products now offered.

http://www.truefittandhill.com/items_53.html

2. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

First I've heard of this new line. It seems it's really new and most retailers don't have it yet.

If it's made by Creighton's, my guess is it's just a less expensive package and scent with a similar cream formula. My biggest concern would be scent as I find all Creighton's creams to shave very similar. I find T&H the best scented of these comparable creams, but I wonder if this line is going to maintain that scent level or be comparable to TOBS at a slightly higher price. I'm looking forward to the first reports.

3. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Hmmm ok I wasn't too sure how new it was. I don't have an issue with their scents i find the few ones made by Creightons to be mild scented but still a nice scent.

There was a thread about it across the street... however not much information as of yet. I might give it a bit of a wait before buying any. But that is just me. If you see it cheap i would pick it up for sure. Mantic said that it was good and worked well brush/brush less, de/cartridge so overall i would say a good cream. From what we know so far :D

4. kaseri

kaseri New Member

Never tried this one before but I'd like to.

5. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Bump...

Wondering if anybody has decided to bite the bullet and pick up a tub of this good stuff?

I really don't want to have to buy some :)

6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

When all else fails... have you checked out the TSD Store? JoAnna's list shows the 1805 as a sample option.

7. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Problem is we're curious about "No. 10", not "1805".

8. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I just placed an order for a tub for the store.

9. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

After I was doing so good holding out on shaving purchases until I really needed something!

You! You ... enabler! :angry019:

(kidding of course)

Queen of Blades likes this.
  10. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I do my best. :D

11. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Yup. :ashamed001: Gotta pay closer attention to what I read. I picked up the "1805" in the OP second paragraph and that stuck in my head.

12. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Grrr this means that if you have samples I will have to buy one... :)

I have the 1805 sampler and it is a great cream. However their creams are too expensive... Well not too expensive but I wouldnt want to spend that much on a cream when i can get some for 1/3 the price that work well.

Looking forward to peoples thoughts on this product line.

13. FortWayneShaver

FortWayneShaver There's a tear in my beer

I used one tub of the 1805. So worth the money - it was probably the best scent I have ever deigned to cover my face in. If only it wasn't $32/tub. It's really quite shameful, but then you realize that your other scents just don't compare. I would absolutely love it if there was a less expensive option, or if there was a soap that had that particular scent. Sounds cheesy, but the scent of 1805 reminds me of spending a week at the lake during the summer: very nautical type scent, and very relaxing, but super intriguing.

14. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

They are wonderful creams... but as stated... too expensive for my taste haha.

Anybody try any of this stuff?

15. Grick

Grick Active Member

Great cream. Soft and creamy lather, slightly above TOBS. A mild citrusy, okay-ish scent. Great value at such a low price.

16. DiggyGun

DiggyGun Member

I’ve been using Trufitt & Hill cream for many years now. My favourite being the West Indian Limes, which to me is a fresh, invigorating smell.

A few years back along with a mate, we treated ourselves to one of their luxury shaves; Very nice.

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

love the limes..:)

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.