other set

Discussion in 'Razor Restoration' started by bg42, Apr 16, 2007.

1. bg42

bg42 New Member

the blade is a keen cutter royal I won it off flea boy the pic looked real good gold wash the works however when it arrived covered in rust ,hence no gold wash now and you can see where the rust was I could take it back further but I would loose what is left of the faint etch still a good blade for every day shaving hardly been used
    for better or worse this is it the scales are bull oak ,brass pin material washers are copper wedge is buffalo horn there is also copper bushings in the scales and blade

Attached Files:

• ba1.jpg
      ba1.jpg
      File size:
      20.4 KB
      Views:
    • ba2.jpg
      ba2.jpg
      File size:
      21.1 KB
      Views:
    • ba3.jpg
      ba3.jpg
      File size:
      16.2 KB
      Views:
  2. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

Very nice!!

I'm currently researching restoration, I hope in the near future I get a chance to rescale and restore a few of my own straights.

Raf

3. xChris

xChris Member

Yep -- I really like the washers that you're using. They add just that little bit to the svelte layout of the blade and scales. Very nice.

4. coolsimon

coolsimon New Member

mmm...nice

what kind of wood is that peter?....it looks great, still havent found time to complete a set of scales yet but hopefully in the next few weeks I will....nice work though...

regards,simon::

5. bg42

bg42 New Member

It is a kind of oak here they call it bull oak ,dont ask me why,Thanks for the kind words all
    Kind regards Peter