Owning It All

Discussion in 'Scents' started by KAV, Jan 25, 2017.

1. KAV

KAV Well-Known Member

Last Sunday was predicted our strongest storm in California in ten years. So, naturally I ran out of food and had to make the 30 minute, military pace walk to my favourite store. When a tired wardrobe and the elements combine against your best intentions the passing of Mr Blackwell is some comfort;
    Corcoran brown paratrooper boots, jeans, Pendelton wool shirt, black woolen scarf, black Basque Boina and Fratelli Orsini cashmere lined black leather dress gloves topped by a tiny pocket umbrella and a faded olive drab german rucksack with streaks of melted chocolate from a summer walk; all wrapped inside a Burberry's trenchcoat.
    I didn't walk out the door, so much as 'get underway' like my USCG days responding to a radio distress call at 2 AM. Mendellsonn's Hebrides suite popped into my head. Halfway there the right sole stitching completely rotted out and I was only initially aware of a new popping sound and my woolen sock suddenly soaked. Several Monty Python 'Ministry of Silly Walks' later I stopped at the closed italian restaurant, leaned agaisnt the decorative wine barrel sign and cut the flapping sole off with my old british Navy rigging knife. I'm now walking on a thick, wet, woolen sock that will hopefully last the trip ( it did, barely.)
    A half block later and a heavy wind gust shredded the umbrella. I make port and remove gloves, hat and trenchcoat. Please, nobody look at my feet ( they didn't.) I'm chugging down multiple tiny cups of complimentary coffee when a friend fled the next aisle. A later reconniassance revealed a manboy in flipflops, cargo pants, tshirt, backward baseball cap and SUNGLASSES? He literally brought tears to my eyes with BO.
    Back to my friend; she began taking DEEP breaths after warning me. ' Danielle, Is it that bad? No, Chris, I just LOVE your cologne ( Penhaligon's OPUS 1870.) She leaned up and in, smelled again and gave me a kiss on the cheek. Two male coworkers gave the groans of castrated dogs ( she is a cutie, but early twenties with a BF.)
    My rucksack full, once more into the breech and 35 minutes with my foot going numb. A soccer mom in Panzer SUV, menthol cigarette, Starbucks and cellphone in both hands deliberately swerved into the river of gutter water to hit me with a wave. She had that 'ex SOCAL trophywife traded in on a newer model hate men look. I ran a few steps clear as tyre hit curb and she crashed into the italian restaurant wine barrel.
    She DIDN'T comment on my cologne as I gave my police report; more like gave me the finger with her dilated pupils framed by botox crows feet.
    Home at last, cooked a hot beef and vegetable stew with a nice tremontillo, sourdough and basque cheese.
    I hung up my clothing to dry out, thought about solutions to my wardrobe's shortcomings.
    But DAMN, I still smell like a gentleman.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  2. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I forgot to wear underwear this morning.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  3. KAV

KAV Well-Known Member

It's called 'going commando.' As long as you only reveal the fact and not proof we forgive you.

Keithmax likes this.
  4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Pants too.

5. KAV

KAV Well-Known Member

You seem to have failed everything, including rising to the occassion.:taunt002:

Keithmax likes this.
  6. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I did remember my glasses for once.

7. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Reading this made my day and reminded it is time for Muscs Koublaï Khän to counterbalance my formal business attire. Not sure why you account of the day triggered this desire.

8. Ksblazer

Ksblazer Well-Known Member

Can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can break out the Opus 1870. Saw the bottle in my collection and almost used it.

9. CarlfromMO

CarlfromMO Well-Known Member

KAZ,
    Your one Sunday was more interesting than my entire month of January.
    Good read.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  10. KAV

KAV Well-Known Member

"If you don't like the news go out and make some."

11. CarlfromMO

CarlfromMO Well-Known Member

:) Agreed. .............. :chores016: