PAA

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Mike-R41, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Mike-R41

Mike-R41 Well-Known Member

Just received my first PAA soap and pre-shave!! I decided to get “HAN POLO” and the “CUBE” 2.0 the Shave was so good I swear I didn’t even need to put in an aftershave! The post-Shave feel was so smooth and no irritation! Surprised I haven’t tried them sooner now I know what all the hype is about... but still think Stirlings soap base is better hahaha

RyX, b1hart, Frijolero and 8 others like this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

That was nice...devoting a thread to PAA and saying Stoylin is better. (teasing).

RyX, b1hart, brit and 1 other person like this.
  3. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Are you part of the "preshave helps" crowd? Or just trying it out.

RyX, b1hart, brit and 1 other person like this.
  4. Mike-R41

Mike-R41 Well-Known Member

I’d say a little bit of both but I’m a new WetShaver (27) so I beleive it helps

RyX, b1hart and brit like this.
  5. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Veddy cool.

RyX, b1hart, Mike-R41 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Paul Turner

The scent I always had my eye on is Home On The Range. Still do, actually.

b1hart, Mike-R41 and brit like this.
  7. Paul Turner

And now I just watched two videos of Home On The Range. The first guy really liked it("Manly Man" fragrance), second guy was thrown off a bit by the scent after reading the website description thus he struggled with his own feel of it, but still liked it.

RyX and b1hart like this.
  8. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Keep trying different things.
    You'll find what you like and works best for you.
    :happy088:
    tp

9. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Big fan of PAA. I just started using their Tube 2.0 PS (same as Cube 2.0, but in a stick). Almost out of fingers to count my number of their CK6 based formulas, and now have a pre-CK6 formulation on the way. The face feel after using their combinations is sublime.

In my little realm, mostly open edge shaving, a Pre Shave really helps with the blade's skin glide versus not using a PS. There are tons of artisan soaps....tough to have them all to compare with (but it's fun trying!). For me, PAA>Wholly Kaw (slightly)>Stirling. Lather quality and consistency is really close. Once you throw in Stirling's cost, it is a better value. For whatever reason, the aromas I have from PAA hit my nose a little better than WK/Stirling & I don't experience AS fade off as quickly during the day. PAA markets their after shaves as 'After Shave/Colognes' in the descriptions.

For DE/SE type razors....I rarely use a PS, or feel it's needed with most any soap (even super clean feeling ones like Arko/Williams/Derby).

RyX and Norcalnewb like this.
  10. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

You have basically summed up how I feel about PAA and Stirling. Excluding scent, Stirling is hard to beat from performance and cost standpoint. But, the PAA scents are better, to my nose, and the AS has more staying power.

RyX, NTR, b1hart and 1 other person like this.
  11. brit

brit in a box

my only paa soap/ splash set is the doppelganger black label .nice stuff. hard to get up here until recently..

12. NTR

NTR Well-Known Member

Does PAA have an Acqua d’ Gio doppelgänger? And if so, how does it compare to Stirling Dunshire?

I like Dunshire a lot, but Stirling AS fades pretty quick.

RyX and brit like this.
  13. brit

brit in a box

i purchased acqua di gio aftershave..not to pricey and lasts a while.. 20191020_081553.jpg

RyX and NTR like this.
  14. NTR

NTR Well-Known Member

I just saw some EDT in a local CVS for around $65. I’m asking for it for Christmas.

Where did you find the AS? How does it perform? When you say it’s lasts awhile do you mean that the scent has staying power?

RyX and brit like this.
  15. Paul Turner

What is this "black label" thing? I ordered a PAA soap recently, choosing black label while not knowing what that is.

RyX and brit like this.
  16. brit

brit in a box

its a dupe of dior sauvage edt in their premium soap line.there are 3 ,black grey and ox blood colored labels ,each with a different cologne scent.i have the black.very nice..

Paul Turner and RyX like this.
  17. Paul Turner

So you get your chosen soap AND the cologne addition?

brit likes this.
  18. brit

brit in a box

the aftershave was at a local london drugs store here..christmas gift set if i remember correctly.should be available now. it has some decent staying power but not as strong or long lasting as the edt of course.

RyX likes this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

yes sir.his matching aftershave/cologne is very nice and lasts a long time.cheaper than the edt as well.great post shave face feel for both products as well..

20. Paul Turner

Ohh..actually I ordered the soap only. No A.S.

brit likes this.