pace blades

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by reedsteed, Mar 7, 2009.

1. reedsteed

reedsteed New Member

Local discount drug store has a 5 pack of Pace brand DE blades for 88 cents. Anyone know anything about these blades or have any experience? I plan on picking up a pack to give then a try since it's less than a buck. Can't buy a cup of joe for that.

2. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

i can. at the buttery bakeshop. a medium.

;)

3. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

But how does it shave?

4. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

maybe it works like that powder stuff. ill throw it in my face and find out.

5. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Remember the pictures

6. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

youre thinking small. it should be a video.

7. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

I bet there isn't a warning on the label for that use. Can you smell a frivolous lawsuit?

I still don't know why that comment originally ended up in the wrong thread... oh well. Here have a 2nd frivolous lawsuit Dave. Get the book in Hard Cover and Gold Filigree.

8. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

with a locking latch.

9. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

:signs108:happy096

10. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

By all means...pick them up and post pictures, we need to know!

11. Dexterous

Dexterous Member

This might be a reach but back in the `90s, Kmart ran a Sam's Club-type operation called Pace. My employer bought memberships for the staff so I shopped there a few times. It was eventually bought out by Sam's Club. I wonder if these are house brand blades from that store.

12. reedsteed

reedsteed New Member

I will do so in the next couple days.

13. reedsteed

reedsteed New Member

Here's the photos.

Attached Files:

14. reedsteed

reedsteed New Member

The rest of the photos.

Attached Files:

15. DarkAudit

DarkAudit Active Member

The Korean-made grocery store blades are usually Dorcos, right?

16. reedsteed

reedsteed New Member

17. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

i want to say theyre ASR rebrands, but there are some differences.

18. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

That is my understanding. Dorco is/was involved in a lawsuit due to marketing look alike blades in the U.S., so that is one of the reasons that Dorco is the assumed made in Korea manufacturer.

As I recall, the store brands made in Korea shaved worse than the ST-300 for me. the ST-301s are another step-up from that.

19. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Reedsteed, those are not Pace brand blades. They are Personna blades. What is going on is the American Shaving and Razor Company (ASRCO) makes a line of blades called Personna which they sell to a company called Pace which then repackages the blades afixing their name to the packaging and re-sells them under there own name. Those are again not Pace brand blades they are ASRCO Personna blades. As evidence I have attached a photo of the ARSCO Personna blades.

Attached Files:

20. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Just as an aside to the thread... I would highly recommend that you do not use the made in Korea super market SE blades.. they could not shave peach fuzz ofin a babe's behind.