Pacific Northwest U.S.

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by TheBurgh, Mar 5, 2022.

1. TheBurgh

TheBurgh Active Member

Not the end of the world, but you can see it from here!

Old dude, wed to Mach3 for many, many years. Shave-raised on Gillette butterfly DE then Schick injector SE.

Looking to "enliven" a portion of my daily life, shaving a tough beard, with safety razors. Toe-in-the-water the last few days with Qshave adjustable DE (chin still healing from slices) and ordered a One blade CORE. Maybe next experiment is Supply Co. Adjustable SE Pro.

Hoping that this random walk through the interesting world of safety razors can be helped along by this wonderful forum and the generous folks who contribute. Also hope to become a contributor as I learn. Any suggestions for an elderly newbie?

Thank you!

Islamorada56 and brit like this.
  2. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

3. TheBurgh

TheBurgh Active Member

Smart Bunny indeed!

Had begun following your sage advice. This morning, had first bloodless shave.

Changed very little: slowed down, shorter strokes, rode the cap and a tiny bit higher (counter intuitive) setting on the adjustable. Great fun shave.

Thank you for your wonderful tip!

4. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

Wonderful to hear and I am flattered. Merely passing on what was taught to me. And you will be able to pass it down also. Have a great day.

Islamorada56 likes this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

hello and welcome..:eatdrink047:

Kilgore Trout likes this.
  6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Welcome to The Den @TheBurgh . I'm three years your senior and returned to wet shaving in 2011. You've landed in one of the best and friendliest forums out there.
    I picked up a Supply The Single Edge SE recently. I really like it. It has an open comb and shaves like a champ.
    [​IMG]

7. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Hey, hey! Welcome!!

8. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Welcome to the Den.

9. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn