Pacific Shaving Company- Caffeinated Aftershave

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by IDuck, Feb 19, 2015.

1. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

So I was at target today and did my usual pass by the shaver/razor aisle to have a little giggle at all the other people there buying razors with this look of "I dont want to buy you, but I dont have choice" (BTW does anyone else do this?). And I happened to see this stuff sitting right at the end of the self and stopped and took a look. I then pulled out my phone and came to this site to do a quick search, which I found no results for. I then "googled" it and found lots of positive reviews and some endorsements by; Forbes, USA today, and Good Morning America. Kind of weird but thought at the price of $6 (i think it was that, maybe $5) why not take a shot at it......Anyways, I really have only used Jack Black, Everyman Jack (mint), and currently proraso AS. And dont know if I can be the best to give a true review of this stuff so I was wondering if anyone else has seen/used/heard/knows anything about this stuff? they also have a SC too.

Robyflexx and PatrickA51 like this.
  2. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

ok so I just used it for the 1st time....WOW is all I can say, I really hope someone else has tried this stuff so I dont sound like a fool....It really is the best post shave product I have used so far(see list above). It is very much like a lotion in that my face feels really hydrated but where it differs from what I have ever used is that it really feels like my face just drank a red bull or something (i know that makes no sense). It is also said to comletely eliminate any razor burn and irritation (especially around the neck) and I have to say that I believe it has made a strong case after just one use...granted I dont get much irritaion but I do get some on my neck

3. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

I always go through the shaving asile and laugh. I might have to see if I can find caffinated aftershave. That just sounds awesome.

PatrickA51 likes this.
  4. R.D.Nelson

R.D.Nelson Well-Known Member

IDuck I may just have to give this stuff a try. I can't really see it being of much use as far as the caffeine is concerned as I already consume so much. But I do need a good AS. can you please describe the scent??

PatrickA51 likes this.
  5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

And for those who might be interested, Dove + Men Care sells a shampoo with menthol and caffeine. I use it and like it. A little dollop creates huge lather.

6. R.D.Nelson

thanks I might give it a try.

7. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

Its has a very light scent, but it is kind of a menthol sent...dont know if you have ever used the every man jack (signature mint) but its almost identical to that....and I had the same thought about the caffeine as you but this stuff is pretty awesome, not sure if its from the caffeine or not but it gives a feeling like I have felt before...good part is that it is some what cheap ($6) and should be at your local target....as far as the claim about eliminating razor burn/irritation I cant say, but I had one of my best shave's EVER last night and the post shave was awesome as well.

8. R.D.Nelson

thanks for the update, I will most defiantly try it as I can't tolerate the strong scents.

9. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

let me know what you think....like I said im still a little green with all this so I would like/value a more seasoned opinion

10. Lexicon Devil

Lexicon Devil the Liberace of shaving

Fight the power RD :p

11. Lexicon Devil

Lexicon Devil the Liberace of shaving

Hey, if it works for you then it's great. I haven't tried a Pacific product since the styptic rollerball thing for cuts. That stuff was like daubing fire on your face. But in exchange for all that pain, it didn't work even a little bit. All pain, no gain I guess.

12. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

It just has such a weird feel that I cant even explain, so after 1 use im very impressed(and hopefull) as its cheap, will last a long time, readily available, and has a lot of positives....who knows, maybe i've developed a strong caffeine addiction after 1 use?

13. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

I picked up some yesterday, and used it today.
    IMG_1051.JPG

This is from my post on the Feb Focus:

This aftershave is supposed reduce redness and irritation. Only way to test that is to produce extra irritation, right? I chased the baby more than I normally would, and could feel razor burn before I did my cold water rinse. The Alum block lit me up this morning. The aftershave smells like a mild spearmint gum. It lists menthol as an ingredient, but the effect is very light. It is a lotion consistency, rather than a liquid. It did calm down the razor burn immediately. 10 minutes later, the burn has come back, but there is no redness, and the intensity is much less than it should be based on the Alum. I think this is going to be my go to aftershave when I over do it with the buffing.

Robyflexx, obturador and PatrickA51 like this.
  14. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Nice black tip

15. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

Thanks. Its an all steel one from 1952 (X2). I have been enjoying using it this month.

So one hour post shave, the burn is back. No redness though. If I had to guess, I would say this aftershave has something that numbs your face for a bit.

Robyflexx likes this.
  16. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I think mine is an X2 as well and like the mild shave it gives.
    Interesting review of the aftershave. Thanks!

17. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

thanks for the review...did you notice a weird rejuvenation feeling on you face after? kind of like a menthol but not really the cooling? and is it like any other AS?

18. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

Yes. To me it felt like a topical anesthetic.

Reducing redness, I can confirm that completely. My face should be as red as if I was coming off a two day bender based on the razor burn I have right now, but there is no redness. Their website says caffeine is an "effective vasoconstrictor and antioxidant" and it seems to have reduced the amount of blood flow to right under the surface of the skin. Keep in mind, I way overdid the passes and buffing on the shave this morning, to be able to see how much this stuff works. I will try it again in a few days with a normal shave.

Did you notice the irritation/ razor burn came back after a while, or did it stay gone?

19. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

ok cool so im not going crazy then....like I said I havent used that many AS and this one just felt like NOTHING i used before and couldnt really explain it....Like I said I have only used once and I really dont get to much burn/irritation, however I do get a little irritation on my neck and there was none right after and still to this very minute...will use again tonight and see though

20. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

with round two under my belt (about 2 hours ago)....same results as 1st time, some minor irritation on neck that is gone once applied