PAL Adjustable Pass Around - Now Closed

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Karl G, Nov 3, 2016.

1. wmbjr

wmbjr Duck, duck, cooked goose!

Sorry I disappeared for a bit. Food coma is definitely still in place. We did three different Thanksgiving dinners so far.

Tried the next to top setting. A good shave but not the great shaves I was getting from the Schick adjustable. I love the way the PAL looks but I think it is just not going to be the razor for me.

I will reach out to @red abalone diver and try to send it his way. If I don't hear from him (apparently Chris never heard from him) in a couple days I will check in with @som and get it moving to him.

PickledNorthern, Karl G and Robyflexx like this.
  2. wmbjr

Here is the picture that was supposed to accompany the last post but didn't stay with it.

20161127_115101-picsay.jpg

3. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

I used a 2500psi hot water pressure wash, clorox 20% solution, followed by an acid bath.

Kidding.

4. Bama Samurai

Very cool. It's a classic design.

5. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

No toothbrush? :happy097:

6. Bama Samurai

Oh yeah I forgot. Last step was an old toothbrush... Removed any stubborn lingering stains that the HNO³ wouldn't touch.

Billyfergie, Robyflexx and Karl G like this.
  7. Bama Samurai

Disclaimer:

Don't use HNO³ (nitric acid ) to clean razors. It's probably not safe and may harm the finish.

8. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Oh crap I didn't read the "Kidding"!!!

Lol

HERM

9. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Nice PAL Herm! I like the stand! That is a stand, right?

Karl G and Herm2502 like this.
  10. Herm2502

Yep, the razor is actually leaning on the brush part of the stand. There is a verticle tube on the other side that holds most razors (the brush is resting on it), but not the PAL and not the Bunny, their handles are too big.

I hadn't thought of it, but I guess I could use it this way for larger razors.

HERM

Karl G and Jim99 like this.
  11. wmbjr

I have not heard from @red abalone diver so will be asking @som for his address so the PAL can keep moving.

I decided to get one more shave in with the razor. Again a good shave just not the easiest and best shave. I really appreciate @Karl G putting this pass around together and sharing your razor! It was definitely great to compare it to the Schick adjustable.

Billyfergie and Karl G like this.
  12. wmbjr

One more picture of the PAL before it moves along.

20161130_111404-picsay.jpg

13. Herm2502

Can anybody show me a close-up of the underside of the head and the safety bar on the Pal? I purchased one and it looks OK, by the blade exposure is zero. The safety bar moves when you change the setting, but the blade is barely exposed. I think the safety bar is bent upward.

HERM

Billyfergie, Robyflexx and Karl G like this.
  14. wmbjr

I completely forgot to do that before I sealed it up. I am sorry Herm. The PAL is on its way to @ilts so maybe he can take a picture when it arrives.

ilts, Herm2502 and Karl G like this.
  15. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

@Herm2502 , will a picture of mine help? If so, I'll post it tonight after I'm home from work.

ilts and Herm2502 like this.
  16. Herm2502

Any pic will work. Here's 2 close-ups. 20161201_210415.jpg
    20161201_210432.jpg

I think the safety bar is bent upward, but I have no frame of reference.

HERM

17. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

HERM

I think you are good. Here are some of mine.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Karl G, Robyflexx, ilts and 1 other person like this.
  18. Herm2502

Thanks. That 3rd pic helps the most. My safety bar is slightly different so I have NO blade exposure. I'll check when I get home.

HERM

Karl G and Robyflexx like this.
  19. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

IMG_2042.JPG IMG_2041.JPG IMG_2040.JPG Here are some shots of my PAL adjustable. These shots are with the PAL set on medium. Let me know if you need any other angles.

Billyfergie and Robyflexx like this.
  20. Herm2502

Thanks Jim, I have to compare your pics and Tom's to my razor. Then I think it's going to be some gentle bending.

HERM

Robyflexx likes this.