Paragon Shaving 2-band

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Rugger007, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Rugger007

Rugger007 Active Member

Today I received a 25mm 2-band badger and a 28mm plisson type synthetic from Rod of Paragon Shaving in BC, Canada.

I defefunked the brush in warm water and cider vinegar, palm lathered with dawn, quick rinse and we are ready to go.

I did a test lather with L&L Darkfall. My word this brush is simply amazing! The knot is 25mm set at 48mm. It has great backbone, nice scrub and perfect flow throughout, not a lather hog at all. I never knew a brush could be this good. The lather it produces is absolutely stellar, I have never had lather this good....ever!

Now for the handle. I have never seen a handle design like this one, it is very unique. The feel in my hand is perfect. I'm able to hold it very comfortably in the middle, choked up or at the base all with great control. The wood selection is wonderful, the grain shows through perfectly and the finish is impeccable. In short this brush is sexy!

If your on the hunt for a new brush, do yourself a favour and check these beautiful brushes out. I promise you will not be disappointed.

Attached Files:

Screwtape, RyX and swarden43 like this.
  2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Very nice.

RyX likes this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH!

I was hoping you might see these, Jim.
    Maybe Tom @twhite might take a gander, too. ;)

Jayaruh and twhite like this.
  5. Rugger007

Rugger007 Active Member

They truly are amazing brushes. What you get at this price point is amazing! The 2-band finest comes in under $90 USD, which is incredible and they can hang with the big boys without issue.

Screwtape, RyX and Jayaruh like this.
  6. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    I can see a similar brush in my future...

RyX likes this.
  7. RyX

RyX DoH!

Paragon Shaving does have some unique shapes I've not seen before. I'm an admirer of well turned brushes. ;)
    Do you have a favorite handle profile?

8. Rugger007

Rugger007 Active Member

Personally I love the Paragon handle followed by the Rav.
    They truly are amazing brushes. What you get at this price point is amazing! The 2-band finest comes in under $90 USD, which is incredible and they can hang with the big boys without issue.

RyX, Screwtape and Jayaruh like this.
  9. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Paragon brushes really are nice. I bought one about a year ago with their black synthetic knot that looks like the Muhle fiber tip. The knot was incredibly silky and soft while still having decent backbone. I got the handle that is shaped like three stacked checkers - the Sianico I think it's called. It felt really good in the hand too.

Unfortunately I never had a chance to try the brush, because in a moment of incredible weakness, I gave it to my brother as a gift...

RyX and Jayaruh like this.
  10. Rugger007

Rugger007 Active Member

That's too bad. I have one of his synthetics as well and it's amazing as well. It's a very densely packed plisson type not.

11. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    In the works...
    JR157_06.JPG
    JR157_02.JPG JR157_04.JPG JR157_06.JPG

jimjo1031 likes this.
  12. Otto

Otto Member

Beautiful woodwork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jayaruh likes this.
  13. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Thank you. I think the black synthetic will look really cool in it.

14. rzedan

rzedan New Member

Jayaruh likes this.
  15. rzedan

rzedan New Member

There black synthetic would certainly look like ours.

Jayaruh likes this.
  16. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    It is oak that has been stained with red oak. I really like that shape. It feels really good in the hand. Is that your original shape?

17. rzedan

rzedan New Member

Yep. And am very proud of it. I drew it on a napkin basically and grew from there into what we have now.
    The three shapes are our key distintors and have many considerations of comfort, luxury and modern design.
    We take pride in those for sure.