Pecksniff's Shave Cream

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by urrlord, Jan 12, 2019.

1. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

I was in TJ Maxx a few days ago and noticed this stuff on the shelf.I have some Pecksniffs Cologne which is nice but low key.This particular version was the professional scent(lemon,cedar,amber),I read the back and it said can be used with a brush.hmmm.3 bucks,I decide to chance it esp. after I find the matching cologne for 6 bucks because it does not have the box.
    When I get home I decide to wait until the next morning to give it a whirl.

I presoaked the bowl and brush in hot water and added a half inch squirt of cream to the bowl and hit with the brush.A thin airy lather results.I paint some on as a preshave and add more product to the bowl and hit it with the brush.Still thin and bubbly-airy and apply to the face where it quickly breaks down.I put a new half blade into the shavette and start.The shave is adequate .The lather is not particularly slick,cushiony or protective.I get a decent shave .I think my turkish lavender hand soap is better to shave with than this stuff.My dollar tree shave gel is better.

I will give it a few more tries,but this stuff is most likely a non-lathering formula and marketing told them to add the bit about brush use to the tube.As of now I recommend avoidance.

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  2. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

I have used this a few days mixed with williams to make a superlather,it makes a good combo that way.the pecksniff's has a great scent and williams gives it some body.

brit and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.