Perfume Bay

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by Queen of Blades, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Bad, bad company! :mad:

As some of you know, I've been in charge of a group gift recently. Well 2 parts of the gift I ordered from Perfume Bay. Big freaking mistake!

I placed the order, and paid with my Paypal debit card. No problems so far.

Then I get an email from Perfume Bay saying the billing address didn't match up. Huh? the 3 previous orders (from TESC, BestGroomingTools, and ChampsElysees) had no problems with the billing address. Nor has any other company I've used my paypal card with online. The Perfume Bay payment even showed up as "pending" in my paypal account. I wasn't going to authorize a second payment.

After 2 emails back and forth, I received a phone call from Perfume Bay. The lady asked me some questions, and I ended up giving her my previous address my paypal account used. That worked. Only problem was suddenly there was a second transaction on my paypal account for Perfume Bay! Which wiped out the money in my Paypal. And drew off my bank account, causing an overdraft fee!

I placed another call to Perfume Bay, and was told the first transaction was voided on their end, but would take a couple days to clear through Paypal. That of course didn't stop the second transaction from clearing first. Causing the bounce fee to my bank account!

I called Perfume Bay, and was told to speak to my bank, and that they(Perfume Bay) couldn't/wouldn't do anything. :mad:

I would NOT recommend this company to my worst enemy!

edit; I haven't received the package yet, so I didn't rate the packaging and shipping yet. I'll edit it when I get the package. Perhaps.

2. mercV12

mercV12 Member

I had a great experience. Fast delivery, reasonable prices and easy to order. Sorry to hear that your's was not good.