Personna 74 Tungsten DE

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by rawfox1, Aug 26, 2016.

1. rawfox1

rawfox1 Well-Known Member

I purchased 5 of these blades on ebay and they were wonderful .Does anybody know where I may be able to purchase more of these.
    Thank you everybody for your help

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

Bama Samurai likes this.
  2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

3. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Anticipate your review on these. Word is they last a long time and thus their demise.

4. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I've tried some, and find the Gillette 7 o'clock yellows shave about the same. The 74's sharpness dropped of, all of a sudden for me. As for the mystique, and price, nothing else out there compares.
    They are a very nice blade though.
    For the cost and longevity, I find the Vintage Wilkinson Sword Super Sword Edge to be superior, all around. Especially price. These were produced in the late 60's, I believe.

5. rawfox1

Thank you for the feedback

6. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I just got one of these blades in a lot. It was slightly bent in the center. I shaved with it yesterday and it was a decent blade. I don't think the bend hindered it when I placed it in the razor it laid flat

7. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I hope I didn't dampen your enthusiasm regarding these. They are excellent blades. I searched high and low, for about a year for these, and finally found some. By that time, I had sampled many of the top razor blades available, as well as some vintage ones. I find the fun is the hunt, and experiencing the hard to find(holy grail) items, as long as I'm not being ripped off.

8. rawfox1

Thanks for your concern, no you didn't dampen my enthusiasm. I tried it for the first time yesterday And got a wonderful shave and felt different than any other blade that I have used. My favorite blades are feather, polsilver nos, and Gillette Silver blues. But this one I like even more

DaltonGang and Jim99 like this.
  9. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

I stumbled on 3 new carded packs over about 2 months on the bay back in Jan/Feb of 2015 for a steal. I only use the blade on Sunday and get 30 shaves easy from 1 blade. My absolute favorite. And with my usage should last me another 7 years. If I stumble on more at what I paid that would be the only thing, well maybe a toggle, that would break my NB 16.

Bobcat and DaltonGang like this.
  10. GSlim66

GSlim66 Well-Known Member

Oh man, I've heard these are a definite blade to try but every time I find them on the bay they are a fortune or appear to be used. The hunt continues:kngt:

11. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I can't get more than 10/3-pass shaves with them. They're definitely good---but they're not Unicorn Tears...;)

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    DaltonGang likes this.
  12. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Thanks for the report/update. I'll drink to that!!
    [​IMG]

DaltonGang and Primotenore like this.
  13. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    :happy096:

Red Rider likes this.
  14. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I got 27 and 30 excellent shaves from my first two. YMMV as always. I switched razors after about 7 shaves with each.

[​IMG]

Primotenore likes this.