Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements and Crown King Removing Alum

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Weasel640, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

So I'm sure some of you have noticed that they are changing the bottles. But did you know that they are removing Alum from their recipes?

I really like the PAA and CK scents and products, and the Alum never bothered me. But I have seen several people complain about their use of Alum, and understand that it would be a turn off for people with a sensitivity to the stuff...

A couple days ago they posted to their Facebook page the details of the Bottle changes and that they are removing Alum:
    [​IMG]

Keithmax likes this.
  2. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

Bummer i like the stuff
    Like the new bottle seems like a price increase will match! Lol

MacDaDad and Paul Turner like this.
  3. SILKS

SILKS Active Member

Sucks that they removed Alum... I think that is what was unique about there aftershave.... It certainly helped with the dry down effect...

Good stuff.... As for the price.... They have always been a bit pricey ....:sport001:

MacDaDad, Paul Turner and Tdmsu like this.
  4. SILKS

SILKS Active Member

What's going down all,
    Does anyone out there know if Aqua Velva makes a shave soap ??

:signs002:

5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

If they are then it's bye--bye Williams. (Course there would have to be comparisons first. )

6. SILKS

SILKS Active Member

Thanks...ill keep searching.... Just sounds like a good combination

Paul Turner likes this.
  7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Oh, of course it would be. Like matching up Stoylin products(sop&AS.), to name one company of many that have products that could work well together.

8. SILKS

SILKS Active Member

Absolutely 100% Agreed :git:

9. Weasel640

Sacré Bleu by Crown King is made to Aqua Velva Ice Blue's original scent.

Paul Turner likes this.
  10. Weasel640

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  11. SILKS

SILKS Active Member

12. Weasel640

13. MacDaDad

MacDaDad Well-Known Member

Had I known that PAA took the alum out and changed the bottle, I wouldn't have ordered from them last week. I'm serious, I would not have ordered..

14. Weasel640

Why? Some people have an Alum sensitivity. Does Alum really make it that much better? Also, as they still have stock with Alum, you may still get it. For instance if you look at the ingredients for Tombstone, Alum is still included. But if you look at Club Guy, none listed. So it still depends.

Also what do you have against the new bottle? Still holds the same amount, but more unique. What's wrong with that?

15. MacDaDad

MacDaDad Well-Known Member

The new bottle? It kind of reminds me of those bottle being sold at Good Will. But only my opinion. Everything is relevant to me that's relevant to me. ;-)

16. SILKS

SILKS Active Member

I Think PAA Stepped It Up A Notch With The New Bottles.... Look More Distinguished And Classy...... Wish He Would Have Kept the Alum as Part Of The Ingredients..... Helped With Healing And An Awsome Dry Down......:scared011:

17. Weasel640

So for the Nay Sayers on the new Bottle; I just got two of the new ones. They are pretty awesome in person. Not at all cheap or goddy looking. They come in a nice box now that would protect them while not in use. Also the seal on the is a pretty nice touch. I'll post pictures in a bit.

18. SILKS

SILKS Active Member

Very kool sir.... Great information

19. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

It doesn't bother me if there is no Alum. Although there is potential for Alum to help cuts/weepers clot and heal a bit faster. I personally liked the Alum, but it won't keep me from buying the PAA splashes if they no longer use it. I'm just glad some companies make classic alcohol splash'n'sting aftershave. There is no better finish to a shave and it makes me wake up and feel alive.

20. SILKS

SILKS Active Member

Agreed PAA Aftershaves Are Second To None ......